Passed Union Day Committee Bill

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EUKBICR

The Devil
Citizen
Oct 25, 2020
Awards
INTRO TEXT GOES HERE

Union Day Committee Act
Sponsored by The Noble Thatcherites; Co-Sponsored by Phoenix Coalition and Glaciosia

RECALLING that the Union was founded by The Noble Thatcherites on the 18th of December in the year 2015;

NOTING that Section 4 Clause 1 Sub-Clause A of the Regional Symbols Act of 2020 mandates the annual celebration of the public holiday “Union Day” on the 18th of December;

RECOGNIZING that the forthcoming Union Day of 2020 marks the quinquennial of the founding of the Union;

BELIEVING that such a milestone warrants recognition, commemoration, and celebration;

REMEMBERING that, per Section 4 Clause 2 of the Regional Symbols Act of 2020, the President is tasked with coordinating the celebration of public holidays, yet Union Day 2020 falls approximately just a month and a few weeks into a new Presidency and only a few weeks into the term of a new Senate;

CONVINCED that a committee comprised dually of members of the Senate and General Assembly can make adequate arrangements for the sufficient commemoration of Union Day 2020;

THE FOLLOWING IS ESTABLISHED AS LAW:
Section 1: Establishment, Membership, Organization, and Disillusionment

1. The Chairperson of the General Assembly shall appoint a Chairperson of the Union Day Committee, herein “Chair.”

2. Except for final determinations on matters of diplomacy and culture, the President shall wholly delegate the coordination of activities for the Union Day of 2020 to the Union Day Committee.

3. The President, the Vice President, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of Culture, by virtue of their executive areas of responsibility, shall, ex officio, have permanent seats on the Union Day Committee.

4. The Speaker of the Senate and Chairperson of the General Assembly shall, in private conference, mutually agree upon and appoint an appropriate number of extraordinary members of the Union Day Committee.

5. To the execution of the mission of the Union Day Committee, the Chair shall lead the Union Day Committee, setting the agenda of and facilitating meetings, assigning tasks, establishing deadlines, and liaising with the appropriate parties.

6. The Chair shall have the power to dissolve the Union Day Committee and shall do so not more than a month following Union Day 2020.

Section 2: Mission

1. The mission of the Union Day Committee shall be to collect, organize, and record in a thorough medium, for the sake of posterity, the history of the Union, publicize the occasion to foreign press and coordinate visitations by diplomatic delegations, produce event imagery and special memorabilia, honor contributions of service to the public, and facilitate festival activities, games, and speeches by relevant members of the community.

Fellow Senators, this bill has been passed by the General Assembly and brought before us. After the sponsor and co-sponsers have made their opening statements, the floor will be open for debate.

As has been discussed in my platform, informally on discord and on the forum, and previously in the halls of the GA, the Union's fifth birthday is a mere month away. To prepare for this momentous occasion I believe that a committee is needed to sufficiently honor, commemorate, and celebrate this historic milestone. I hope to see this pass quickly by the Senate so that this can be given to the President for his signature so we can break ground on this important project asap. I yield back to the Speaker. :D

The debate is now open until November 20, 2020 at 1200 hrs EST

Last edited:
There is no problems I can see within this bill and the GA has already overseen it. I'm in favour of this bill just as I was in the GA and to be honest there is no reason to oppose it.

Debate period ends. Amendment period will end on 22 November 2020, at 1400hrs EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.