Torch taken.

Phoenix

Chief Admin
Oct 16, 2020
Awards
Hello Unionists,

This is a privilege and honor to be writing this message as the Governor and Chief Administrator of the Union. The Union of Democratic States has been my home and place of comfort in NationStates since 2017. For some of you, these positions are just titles, but those who have been in this region since its founding have known these two positions for multiple things — all because of Thatcher’s expertise in being a community builder and guardian. I hope to continue with the community building and guardianship of this region in Thatcher’s stead, advancing the region further to fill the shoes that Thatcher has left for me to fill. Thatcher has years on me on my already existing shoes, so I’ve got a lot of ground to cover, heh.

An important change, highlighted below, will be implemented with immediate effect.

DEPUTY CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR

This change is a path change for our current Deputy Administrator, with a new phase in the region’s life, it’s important to consider the team as a whole. With that being said, after discussions, I and Ark have agreed with him moving to Senior Administrator, where his advice over administrative matters will be greatly appreciated along with his continued excellent service to the Union. This change also includes someone stepping up in this new path and I have chosen someone whom I have worked with Kade for a while now in various facets of this region and I feel like we work very well together and complement each other well. He’ll be my calm in the storm, hold me back when necessary, and give me straight advice when I need it or ask for it.

Ark could arguably do the same; however, to ensure the region is running smoothly I would prefer someone more knowledgeable of current happenings inside the region along with having a visible mark in our region. I have said this already amongst the other Administrators but I will continue to say it. I appreciate everything Ark has done for this region, the majority being in the background, from providing valuable input during admin discussions to being counsel for Thatcher as a source of wisdom on administrating. I am extremely thankful for Ark being fine with continuing as a Senior Administrator as his input will still be invaluable.

In conclusion, it seems my announcements are (usually) always seemingly short. This is a pretty emotional moment for me, despite the lack of wording to describe it. In all, this seems like a natural progression but in essence, this is a pretty major change for everyone here. I’d like to say thanks from the bottom of my heart to everyone who discussed this with Thatcher and Thatcher himself for having confidence in me. Truthfully I never feel like I am enough, but things like this.. just make me appreciate the people I’ve surrounded myself with through the years.

Anyways... Thank you all for reading this. To the Union! *Cheers*

Phoenix

Chief Administrator
(ps - i suck at titles)

Last edited: