Passed Speaker of the Senate Intention to Run

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prorescia

Citizen
Oct 27, 2020
As the oldest Senator by terms, I hereby open the intention to run thread. Discussion and announcements of intentions to run for Speaker of the Senate should be posted here for the next 2 days until 12:00 sharp on December 3rd EST. At that time, voting will commence.

I nominate myself for the position though I may retract this statement if a different candidate would serve in the job better than I believe I could.

I nominate myself for Senate Speaker. As a person who has held the role of Senator many times in my over half a year as a member of the assembly, I feel I have the necessary experience and the willpower as well as the activeness to be a good Senate Speaker.

Im declaring my intention to run for Speaker as well.

I will also step away as I believe Phoenix or Isles are better suited than I. I will not be supporting either side yet.

As already stated on discord, I do not intend to run for Speaker. It is Phoenix and Isles indeed.

So now is the time to sell ourselves to the other senators?

I lead the executive like a powerhouse and I can do that for the Senate too if given the chance. I am certain that Isles can and has shown he can as well, but like I said, I'm namely only here for two purposes, become Speaker and be an active member.

I am torn between Isles and Phoenix. I will not jump to conclusions about their bids for Speaker but make a well thought out decision after both candidates have made multiple statements.

I have served the Senate as deputy speaker, and I was acting speaker in the closing week of its last term. I have experience in the Senate, and in the UDS, though not as much as Phoenix. I am active on the forum and discord. I can serve you as speaker as good as any.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.