RFC: Allowing candidates to submit a nickname in place of / alongside their nation name to be listed on the ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

World Assembly Delegate
Deputy Chief Admin
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
The Electoral Commission (EC) is interested in revising the UDS election ballot to allow candidates to list a nick name alongside their nation name in elections. The purpose of this change is to help voters connect names used in the community with nation names on the ballot. For example, I am known as Kade, but would show up on the ballot as “The Glorious Hypetrain”. The change is illustrated in the following graphic.

Current BallotOption 1 - Including BothOption 2 - Nickname Only
H2ghqjvQD5i-lwianDCuRtkZpdPQTJfe2czvHKaTs4VPVer_ygilHnIo-lPuR8KeRZDdHuahBt4ImDqogLmK6MWhm1zG2uk6XVskxJXBHx7WcvPBNrxkU2Hdmn0Q1y02OXtAwAsX
AmAQVfxX0mBloXb0hZ9TgVB5v3Us_lAnjtP9wON6GyBV_PzUPuW86xscTZN-LYLrovUDd7wLEC17wOkdrwIgHla7dRJSRZBX9q2SB6OCwATkrgx2_Kn5M0i8T-mt1-2hgZeXkp2T
FZ1SUAkKYRNMswWO82kJUs5GTpc01s3q2vKtYOd5RyaMfXmkailX3ry1pvbn8JN1GsTwajlNyqZm6oS6pFyc30ri5UvW9rcttenGj7ZyuXNYf2EZ9yLFs-hzBSqZGAe_ueeqLykY

There is no "close time" but I would welcome feedback in a timely (72 hr) period.

Option 2 seems preferable. Some peeps may know candidates solely by their nation, afterall

There is also the additional option of allowing all three methods:

Basically:
(Current) Nation name only
(Option 1) Nation name AND nickname only
(Option 2) Nickname XOR nation name
(Option 3) Nickname OR nation name

Option 1 - I believe it’s important to include nation name, as that’s tied to citizenship and the position. The option for a nickname is good to include and keeping both ensures that both people gameside and on discord can identify candidates.

Why does no one use the poll option?

Option 1 I like.

I like option 1 for the already mentioned reasons of gameside, citizenship, etc, although I don't really have a problem with 2 either.

As someone who does not actually have a nation really related to my NS forum/discord names at all, the current option is least preferable :p

The EC accepts recommendation 1 and will utilize it in the upcoming election. ..k

Status
Not open for further replies.