Passed Repeal of UL-017, The Honorary Citizenship Act

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kron

Junior Administrator
Oct 7, 2020
Awards

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To repeal the bill "The Honorary Citizenship Act (UL-017)"
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 11th of May, 2022, by Guess and Check and Glaciosia
As follows:

NOTING that efforts are underway to re-write the Citizenship Act (UL-006) to include provisions regulating Honorary Citizenship;
BELIEVING a separate, duplicate law on Honorary Citizenship is therefore unnecessary and should be repealed;
BE IT THEREFORE ENACTED by the Senate:

Section I: Provisions

1. The Honorary Citizenship Act, UL-017, shall be repealed in full.

2. Any individual granted Honorary Citizenship shall retain their Honorary Citizenship, with said Honorary Citizenship still subject as appropriate under other applicable regional law.

I welcome this bill to the floor and ask for its sponors, the President and Senator Zukchiva to give an Opening Statement

I would first like to express my gratitude to the original authors of the bill to be repealed. Both the idea and execution thereof are good and beneficial to the Union. However, in the interests of legislative clarity I believe it is best that the act under consideration is integrated within a broader citizenship act.

Thank you for your opening statements, debate is now open

Considering the Citizenship Act amendment has been submitted and this will not remove any preexisting Honorary Citizenships I see no reason to oppose this bill

I, much like you, definitely didn't forget about this...

ahem, voting is open: please go Aye. Nay, or Abstain

With 3 votes in favour and none against, this passes

Status
Not open for further replies.