Failed Reconfirmation Hearing of Associate Justice Nuevo San Miguel

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has failed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

North Plegia

Citizen
Jan 16, 2021
Awards
This is the reconfirmation hearing of Associate Justice Nuevo San Miguel of the Supreme Court of the Union of Democratic States. I invite @Nuevo San Miguel to make an opening statement.

Debate is closed. The Senate now moves to formal vote. Those in favour of the reconfirmation say Aye, on the contrary No.

I motion to overrule the decision of the Speaker to close debate, as per ROP Section 2.2.a.

I have a question for NSM regarding their activity, and wish to give them at least a day or two to respond, which they cannot if we are voting on their reconfirmation already. I did not consider this matter until now because I was waiting for NSM to make an opening statement, before deciding if I would ask questions or in what manner I would vote. Now I do have some questions and I need time to get their answers.

A motion to overrule the Speaker’s decision to close debate has been moved. If in the next twenty-four hours, beginning at the time of posting this message on the forum, an absolute majority of the Senate votes to overrule, the motion shall stand and the decision will no longer take effect. Those in favour of the motion say Aye, on the contrary No.

The Ayes to the right: 3
The Noes to the left: 0
I think the Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The motion passes.

Debate is resumed.

NSM,

Since November of last year, your activity has been almost nonexistent, with you popping up in increasing longer periods of time. The last time you posted in any of our regional infrastructure was a month ago; prior to that, ~3-2 weeks ago.

I have to ask, if it's not personal, why has your activity become so sparse? And are you confident you can maintain your duties as Justice for as long as this keeps going on?

Debate is closed. The Senate now moves to formal vote. Those in favour of the reconfirmation say Aye, on the contrary No.

The Ayes to the right: 0
The Noes to the left: 4
I think the Noes have it. The Noes have it. The reconfirmation fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.