Passed Nomination of Second United States Republic as Minister of Culture

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EUKBICR

The Devil
Citizen
Oct 25, 2020
Awards
“I hereby nominate Second United States Republic as a Minister of Culture, to serve with the following portfolio: as a minister they shall coordinate celebrations and events, internally and with friendly regions abroad; manage and promote the Unioncraft Minecraft server; manage and promote the Union’s roleplay communities on discord, nationstates and the forums; establish cultural, literary and entertainment events and programs as they see fit under the direction of the President; advise the President and manage the operations of their ministry.”
President Nuevo San Miguel

First and foremost, I'd like to thank President Nuevo San Miguel for nominating me as Minister of Culture. This is an honor that I humbly accept and am ready to fulfill each day. I know I haven't been too prominent in the UDS of late, but here's what I've done in the past:

As Minister of Culture under Phoenix, my team and I began the tradition of game nights and trivia on our discord. I personally focused more on reviving our roleplay, which started to thrive under my previous tenure and is still going strong. Asides from that, I established the MOC's structure (Deputy Minister of Roleplay, Deputy Minister of Unioncraft and Games). I've also served as Senator, Speaker of the Senate, and Attorney General before; perhaps the most notable event from that tenure was a failed constitutional convention (and me ending it).

If I'm confirmed as Minister of Culture, my goals will be fairly simple. I'll look to maintain the activity in our roleplay, make sure non-citizens in UDS-related servers have ample opportunity to sign up for citizenship, and work with other regions whenever there's a culture showcase.

What are your plans- if you have any- to attract more people in the region into the RP server? Will yoi try to attract the RMB RP community to get on discord and get onto the server and RP there instead?

What are your plans- if you have any- to attract more people in the region into the RP server? Will yoi try to attract the RMB RP community to get on discord and get onto the server and RP there instead?
I think it would be beneficial for the community at large if we outreach to the RMB community to attract them to our server. I plan on advertising via posts on the RMB. I'd have to ask what administrators are willing to do with links on the RMB though.

Reactions: Sacento
I only have one question currently

You have, as you said yourself, not been very active lately. For which reason was that, and how can we be assured that you won’t go inactive again during your tenure If you are currently in a phase of life where you can’t dedicate enough time to NS?

I only have one question currently

You have, as you said yourself, not been very active lately. For which reason was that, and how can we be assured that you won’t go inactive again during your tenure If you are currently in a phase of life where you can’t dedicate enough time to NS?
The only reason why I'm inactive is because I retired from NationStates politics (and in general, except for roleplay). Now that I have been offered a chance to serve, I will do so to the best of my ability. I start college in August of this year, so I won't be seeking another term as Minister of Culture regardless of whether President NSM serves a second term or if there's another administration.

There is surely a difference between stepping back a little and being completely uninvolved in the region whatsoever, your last post in the main Discord server was on New year’s eve 2020

There are also two quotes I would like you to explain
”moc didn't require much outside rp and unioncraft since i had nsm do regional stuff” and after Phoenix said”Which makes you an extremely poor example of a good Minister” you responded ”that's a fair criticism, i didn't start many bold initiatives”

My questions are

1: Why did you make these statements, were they completely true or an oversimplification?
2: How can the Senate be sure that you are not going to more or less neglect your work again?

There is surely a difference between stepping back a little and being completely uninvolved in the region whatsoever, your last post in the main Discord server was on New year’s eve 2020

There are also two quotes I would like you to explain
”moc didn't require much outside rp and unioncraft since i had nsm do regional stuff” and after Phoenix said”Which makes you an extremely poor example of a good Minister” you responded ”that's a fair criticism, i didn't start many bold initiatives”

My questions are

1: Why did you make these statements, were they completely true or an oversimplification?
2: How can the Senate be sure that you are not going to more or less neglect your work again?
I've made posts on the main discord after new year's eve 2020. You can search for them if you want. I distinctly remember talking about the constitutional convention, politics, and the 1/6 insurrection.

1. It's an oversimplification. I didn't start many bold initiatives, but I made sure the ministry ran well (decentralization for a larger ministry is good) and was prepared to adapt as our region grows. Had it not been for that work, I doubt our roleplay or cultural activities would be existent right now.
2. I did not neglect my work during my last tenure (see above). If I wasn't willing to do what's necessary, I simply would've declined the nomination. That's a rule similar to the one I live by in real life.

You’re right actually, seemed to be some really weird glitch earlier but now I can see your later posts

1. Sure delegation is great, but you said you ”had NSM do all the regional work”. If we confirm you, will we really be confirming you or some assistent you will potential overrely on?
2: In response to a statement by Kron earlier that read ”Even if someone is active now they may not be in a year” you responded ”I’m the perfect exemple of that” . Can your dedication towards the Office potentially change during your term

You’re right actually, seemed to be some really weird glitch earlier but now I can see your later posts

1. Sure delegation is great, but you said you ”had NSM do all the regional work”. If we confirm you, will we really be confirming you or some assistent you will potential overrely on?
2: In response to a statement by Kron earlier that read ”Even if someone is active now they may not be in a year” you responded ”I’m the perfect exemple of that” . Can your dedication towards the Office potentially change during your term
1. You didn't interpret the comments the way I meant it. What that means is I delegated most events on the RMB and main server (asides from citizenship) to NSM while acting as a supervisor. I personally handled all the rp-related action. I plan on being a little more involved in the planning and check-ins this time, but the work flow set up by the MOC under my term has served the region well thus far.
2. Those comments were made after I left office (or towards the end of phoenix's term). If I do something, I don't like to fail or otherwise do poorly.

Any question I would have had are answered - WTP, please let us know when we can move forward

Status
Not open for further replies.