Passed Nomination of Phoenix Coalition as a Minister of Foreign affairs

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuevo San Miguel

Citizen
Oct 26, 2020
Awards
Per President Druing:

"I hereby nominate Phoenix Coalition as a Minister of Foreign affairs, to serve with the following portfolio: A Minister, they shall represent the Union abroad, coordinate joint efforts between the Union and other regions, enter into negotiations on behalf of myself and the region, train, assign and oversee ambassadors, create official reports and publications for distribution abroad, foster goodwill for the region; advise the President and manage the operations of their ministry."

I now open for debate the nomination of Phoenix as Minister of Foreign affairs until November 5th, 2020 at 3PM EST.

What do you think you can contribute to the foreign policy of the UDS

What do you think you can contribute to the foreign policy of the UDS
I am already established as an important figure within the region, and with that experience, comes with relations between different regions in which we already have established connections with. Furthermore, my management and application of advisement towards my fellow Ambassadors and the Cabinet as a whole in Foreign Affairs I feel will be compatible and easy flowing, so to say. Asides from having a desire to expand our current relationships, I believe the President and I can develop a plan to expand those relationships in the coming months.

Reactions: EUKBICR
Is there anything you wish to accomplish as Minister of Foreign Affairs?

I have the following personal goals that I wish to accomplish as a Minister of Foreign Affairs.
  1. I want to at least have one unique Ambassador per region.
  2. I want to be in the process of obtaining treaties throughout the majority of my time in the position.
  3. I want to at least establish and maintain relations with 3 new regions.
  4. I want to obviously maintain and further our current embassies and consulates. With the potenional of also increasing our consulates to embassy status, either in-game or on the forums.

what do you mean by uniq ambassadors? Do you Mean only one ambassadorship per person?

Yes. I would like to have a 1 to 1 ratio with Ambassadors, possibly a position of a Senior Ambassador should we grow in our number of relations. This Senior Ambassador would be assisting me with treaties and delivering items to Ambassadors for distrubtion to our friends and embassy regions.

Some current Ambassadors, such as yourself, may not agree with this, but I would rather have a dedicated person to learn and build relationships with their region instead of having to micromange things and only sending out notices. In other words, I want the Ambassadors to have hands on knowledge that they can report back to me on, and assist us further instead of being a newspaper carrier that comes to your porch every morning.

I would actually agree to that approach. Ambassadors should have hands on information and knowledge about their region. However for that you will need manpower, recruitment for MoFA will need to go significantly up. How will you achieve this?

That will be a long term project that all of the Ministries will have to have a hand in. It can work given the time and patience needed.

Time can pnly tell. I don't make promises on unknowns.

The hearing period is now over. Voting shall commence now until November 9th, at 3 PM EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.