Passed Motion to Repeal the Declaration of Recruitment Standards

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To repeal the bill "Arnhelm Declaration of Recruitment Standards"
Introduced into the Council of States of the Union of Democratic States on the 20th of Apirl, 2023, by @Phoenix
As follows:​

BELIEVING that the recent update of NationStates necessitates various changes
CONTENDING that while this mulit-regional treaty served the game well, the recent Frontier/Stronghold update renders the treaty obsolete and difficult to amend.
BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Definitions and Short Title
1. This Act may be referenced as the "Repeal the Declaration of Recruitment Standards"

Section 2: Provisions
1. Arnhelm Declaration of Recruitment Standards is hereby repealed.

All,

Given the recent changes of the Stronghold/Frontier update on NationStates, this is more of a hinderous on our region then a blessing. We believe this interregional treaty has served its purpose and deserves to be put to rest and allow those whom we deem as allies and close friends to approach us for recruitment standards to be established.

Thank you. I rest my time.

I trust the President about this. I approve of it.

I'd like to caution you all about blindly trusting people, that leads to problems. That said, this is, quite frankly, the only possible thing we can do. I'll refrain from the circumlocution and inculcation to instead tell you that we have no other recourse of action. Phoenix has correctly identified the catch 22 within our agreements here in Arnhelm and our agreements elsewhere within this new update. Arnhelm deserves to rest peacefully instead of causing numerous other problems that would not be solved by mere diplomacy alone.

shhh kanglia let the young and impressionable be young and imprisonable.
The motion is a vibe

We shall now move to voting
No Amendments were proposed, so we shall vote on the Main Motion

In Respect Of the Motion To Repeal the Declaration of Recruitment Standards
All in Favor of Repealing it May say Aye
All Opposed May say No

Voting is Now Closed
Any Votes cast beyond this will not be counted

The Tellers have Conclued;
That in Respect of the Votes on the Motion to Repeal the Declaration of Recruitment Standards

The Ayes have 6
The Noes have 0

So The Ayes have it! The Ayes Have it!
The Bill will be passed by the CoS

Status
Not open for further replies.