Passed Motion to grant Honorary Citizenship to Sacento, Isles, Glaciosia, and Kron

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To grant Honorary Citizenship
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 25th of April, 2023, by @Zukchiva
As follows:​

BELIEVING that any Unionist who has committed a length of good service to this Union deserves to be a part of it forever,
RECOGNIZING Sacento for their work in the roleplay community and as President, Isles for being a constant presence in the main community and in the legislature, and Kron alongside Glaciosia for their contributions to this Union in lawful matters and as Presidents,
CONTENDING that these individuals well deserve this honor,
BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Provisions
1. The individuals commonly referred to as Sacento, Isles (their nation being British isles and commonwealth realms), Glaciosia, and Kron shall be conferred Honorary Citizenship.

These individuals have served our community for prolonged periods of time. I believe they deserve this.

I don't entirely agree with at least one mention on this list but I will reserve my opinion until later.

(And no, it's not Glac.)

I am, personally, much more interested into hearing your reservations on whichever individual that you are disagreeing with Phoenix.
Personally, I don't have much of a problem with any of these, regardless of any personal opinions I hold about any candidate and their true impact on the region I believe it'd be foolish to say that there was no impact made by them.

Phoenix I would say this is the matter of speak now or forever hold it in. Don't be shy @ them sis

I disagree with Sacento, as much as it pains me to say it. He has been loyal to the roleplay and the region for some time but in service of the region he has not done much. His Presidential run had no focus or direction and while hes been a major player in the Roleplay he has almost completely abandoned the government side of our community and was essentially missing from any in-game presence.

If we want to keep giving our honorary citizenship like candy, then so be it, but I would rather see more influential people on the region as a whole get their just desserts.

I personally have tried my best to make sure everyone was rewarded equally amongst my various bills for our growing population of Honorary Citizenship, people who I have had the pleasure of witnessing do amazing things for the region. This isn't to discredit Sacento or say nothing he has done has improved a facet of our community in one manner or another, but in my eyes, he hasn't had the impact seen of the others, just yet.

I disagree with Sacento, as much as it pains me to say it. He has been loyal to the roleplay and the region for some time but in service of the region he has not done much. His Presidential run had no focus or direction and while hes been a major player in the Roleplay he has almost completely abandoned the government side of our community and was essentially missing from any in-game presence.

If we want to keep giving our honorary citizenship like candy, then so be it, but I would rather see more influential people on the region as a whole get their just desserts.

I personally have tried my best to make sure everyone was rewarded equally amongst my various bills for our growing population of Honorary Citizenship, people who I have had the pleasure of witnessing do amazing things for the region. This isn't to discredit Sacento or say nothing he has done has improved a facet of our community in one manner or another, but in my eyes, he hasn't had the impact seen of the others, just yet.
You're the one whose been passing them out as candy, seeing as you're the one who sponsored all the previous HC motions :p

But if we feel Sacento's impact hasn't quite reached this level, I think that's understandable and would be amenable to removing him from this bill if everyone else thinks it best. He and Isles were more shaky additions I feel could have arguments going either way, but I decided to include them and see some discussion on them.

You're the one whose been passing them out as candy, seeing as you're the one who sponsored all the previous HC motions :p

But if we feel Sacento's impact hasn't quite reached this level, I think that's understandable and would be amenable to removing him from this bill if everyone else thinks it best. He and Isles were more shaky additions I feel could have arguments going either way, but I decided to include them and see some discussion on them.

All of mine have reached a level I felt was appropriate, so the notion I have handled the Honorary Citizenship as Candy is offensive.

All of mine have reached a level I felt was appropriate, so the notion I have handled the Honorary Citizenship as Candy is offensive.
Wasn't trying to be offensive, I thought you were referring to all honorary motions in general.

I will state, since you comment apparently only applied to this motion, that I did give careful consideration to each of the nominees, and included Sacento and Isles as maybes because I'm done waiting for a thousand years for people to respond after previous experiences waiting for draft comments and would rather push their nominations to a place of actual discussion. But I do think there can be valid argumentation for their nominations. I'm not trying to award HC noms out as pieces of candy, although you're free to believe as you wish.

Although if you find it offensive, I do find it funny that you're trying to use those words on me. :p Insulting a good faith effort to award community members doesn't deserve insult, even if you disagree with the nominees. I'm not particularly offended, but it isn't a good precedent to set.

Wasn't trying to be offensive, I thought you were referring to all honorary motions in general.

I will state, since you comment apparently only applied to this motion, that I did give careful consideration to each of the nominees, and included Sacento and Isles as maybes because I'm done waiting for a thousand years for people to respond after previous experiences waiting for draft comments and would rather push their nominations to a place of actual discussion. But I do think there can be valid argumentation for their nominations. I'm not trying to award HC noms out as pieces of candy, although you're free to believe as you wish.

Although if you find it offensive, I do find it funny that you're trying to use those words on me. :p Insulting a good faith effort to award community members doesn't deserve insult, even if you disagree with the nominees. I'm not particularly offended, but it isn't a good precedent to set.

I am once again offended. How dare you! No, in all seriousness, not offended.

Comon kids don't stab echother this isn't america

Seeing as I was the only one to dissent to one of the folks and after some more consideration on the topic and review, I am fine with Sac remaining on the motion. Therefore, I would like to motion for a close to the debate.

The Motion has been Seconded, Therefore i close debate

We will now Move into Voting, since no Amendments were raised we will vote on the Main Motion

On Voting On The Motion to Grant Honorary Citizenship to Sacento, Isles, Glaciosia, and Kron
All In favor may say Aye
All opposed may say No

Status
Not open for further replies.