Passed Motion to Establish a Formatting Committee

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.

VOTING ON THE CURRENT MOTION

• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To establish a Formatting Committee
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 24th of July, 2023, by @Glaciosia
As follows:

WHEREAS the needs of the Union are often changing, and that the formatting of legislation ought reflect that,
BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Provisions
1. A Formatting Committee is established to determine the formatting for the bills and resolutions of the Council.
2. The Committee shall be chaired by Kronprinzessin, and will have such members as the chair appoints.
3. The Committee shall deliver a report consisting of an amendment to the Rules of Procedure regarding formatting and such appendices containing formatting templates as necessary.

As our region and legislative practice has evolved, so should our law format. Kron has the requisite passion and experience to lead this project, and I think it will turn out successfully.

I feel like there should be a mechanism for choosing the leadership of the committee, instead of specifically naming an individual as the Chair. If Kron resigns at some point in the future, we would have to amend this law again.

The idea behind this is it's a sort of one time deal, not a standing committee. Its just expected to deliver a report and then be done.

The idea behind this is it's a sort of one time deal, not a standing committee. Its just expected to deliver a report and then be done.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. I was confused based on the wording of the proposal.

I'd like to motion this to vote seeing as it's a straight forward proposal.

I second the motion made by the Honourable Councilor.

Motion has been seconded, Debate is closed and voting will comence shortly

Voting On the Motion will now Commence
Since no Amendments were raised to the Motion we move straight into Voting on the Main Motion

On Voting on The Motion to Establish the a Formatting Committee

Those who Agree may say Aye
Those who do not may say No
Those who wish to still vote but not vote Aye or No Nay Abstain

The Tellers have Concluded;
That in Respect of the votes on The Motion to Amend Various Bills

The Ayes have 6
The Noes have 0

So The Ayes have it! The Ayes Have it!
The Motion to Establish a Formatting Committee will be passed by the Council

Status
Not open for further replies.