Passed Motion to Confer Honorary Citizenship

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacento

Citizen
Oct 27, 2020
Awards

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To confer Honorary Citizenship
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 19th of July, 2021, by Phoenix Coalition
As follows:

BELIEVING that the players nominated are of reputable respect and significance within the region,
CONTENDING that these players have made momentous accompaniments and achievements faithfully to the Union,

THE FOLLOWING PERSONS ARE HEREBY GRANTED HONORARY CITIZENSHIP AND ALL HONORS AND RIGHTS THEREOF:

1. Relfa
2. Brittalia (@Brittalia)
3. Asdersland (@Asdersland)
4. Kanglia (@Kanglia)
5. Dome Artan

Honorable Senators,

These former and current citizens of the Union have bought considerable progress to certain facets of what the Union offers to the best of their abilities at the time thereof. Their influence lives on in certain areas, for example:

Relfa was one of our earliest newspaper managers and owners, while he may or may not of paved the way for other newspapers - his influence in keeping newspapers a relevant body within a delicate ecosystem like the Union is work remembering. Relfa was also on the Supreme Court of the Union and did have case time within the Union, building upon a much younger Court.

@Brittalia role within the Union was an important one back when parties existed. Whether you saw his party or see parties in general in a bad light, he was able to lead a successful one and with that, the awards that came with it. He was an influencer, leader, mentor, and community orientated with just enough mix of the political side to make things spicy!

@Asdersland has practically been our longest serving total time WA Delegate. He wrote the historical records of our former laws inside a freaking book and made it publicly available. He has a multitude of hours in work alone in every branch of the Union, as do the rest of the above-mentioned folks.

@Kanglia is old and deserves it too. For some just as I thought I hit submit, a part I had copied in for his I accidentally cut out without noticing. So I'm sorry friend, but this is my introduction to this for you. Everyone knows what you've done and can learn from any of us.

Dome Artan took something that had fallen to pieces and made it whole again, bringing our endorsements back to a respectable level as WA Delegate and while the delegates after him have been able to do close to the same with similar systems - he bought us back to this point. He was an exceptional Vice President, and while I am not trying to draw in my personal opinions as I don't want to diminish this honor, was exceptional assistance to me in our plans, campaigning, etc. Many oldies and plenty of you who are newish have definitely said he is missed by you. I believe that says a lot about his character and overall influence on us.

Exceptional people deserve this honor. Please pass this.

I move to replace "accompaniments " with "accomplishments" in the preamble.

If there are no more amendments, let’s vote on the one amendment proposed.

I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The amendment is approved.

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To confer Honorary Citizenship
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 19th of January, 2021, by Phoenix Coalition
As follows:

BELIEVING that the players nominated are of reputable respect and significance within the region,
CONTENDING that these players have made momentous accomplishments and achievements faithfully to the Union,

THE FOLLOWING PERSONS ARE HEREBY GRANTED HONORARY CITIZENSHIP AND ALL HONORS AND RIGHTS THEREOF:

1. Relfa
2. Brittalia (@Brittalia)
3. Asdersland (@Asdersland)
4. Kanglia (@Kanglia)
5. Dome Artan

The bill as amended is now up for vote. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The bill is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.