Passed Motion to confer Honorary Citizenship

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EUKBICR

The Devil
Citizen
Oct 25, 2020
Awards

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To Confer Honorary Citizenship
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 31st of August, 2022, by @Phoenix.
As follows:

CONTENDING that a beautiful and successful part of the Union would not be created without these individuals playing a part,
EXPRESSING thankfulness for their many hours of work, dedication and skill to successfully run Union Roleplay,
RECONGIZING that the Government and Government Sim part of the community has mostly overlooked their achievements,
EXPRESSING a desire to shed light and appreciation for their contributions and commitment to the Union's culture.

COMLOGICAL, DUCKSTAN, DRAWCEPTION, SECOND UNITED STATES REPUBLIC, KLIEV REPUBLIC, ZAEGRAD, AND DIAMOND CONFEDERACY IS HEREBY CONFERRED HONORARY CITZENSHIP.

Thank you Mister Speaker,

Esteemed Senators, I come before you this morning to support my Motion to Confer Honorary Citizenship upon these individuals. These individuals to my knowledge and experience have all contributed to the Roleplay community within the Union since it's inception or even built the foundations for it to be formally included in the Union's infrastructure. The Roleplay community was a project that Prime Minister @Brittalia formalized back in 2017, since then the roleplay community has come a long way. It not only struggled but it survived because veterans of our community who have since left or remain to this day put in the work necessary to create a thriving and diverse culture all of it's own.

Unfortunately there was a huge disconnect between the Government Sim side of our community and the roleplay community for the longest time, they were not as well appreciated or advertised as they are now. Excuse my french, but it's entirely possible, that some of them may of viewed them as pain in the asses in the past, myself included. When Honorary Citizenship was created, it was made to honor our most hard-working citizens; past, present or future. I'm hoping to fill in a hole in the Union that has not yet been touch, by giving these fine individuals the recognition they deserve.

Let's move onto the individuals now:

• Comlogical
    • Com has been a long time community member of the Union. Comlogical originally joined us sometime in 2017 (this month funnily enough) and was a active member of the Government Sim and Roleplay communities since his join date. He is one of the veteran staff of the RP community and should've gotten this honor a bit earlier, but I don't hand these things out like candy, you see? :p
  • Duckstan
    • Duck shares all the above attributes of Com but asides from being an advocate of the roleplay community by partaking in the Executive or assisting with Cultural activities, much prefers the Roleplay community. Which is perfectly fine, he has been a fine leader, advocate and overall good fellow to have in our community. I'm sorry, some of these are going to be lackluster. Please don't let this degrade the honor or sway any of you from voting Aye though.
  • Drawception
    • You... were an interesting one... to say the least. eyeballs Union Drama and then begins to type in all capitals HOWEVER, IT WAS GREAT TO SEE THJAT YOUR CONTIRUBTIONS TO THE UNION WAS BOTH AMUSING AND GREAT. YOU FIT THE SIMILARITIES OF THE TWO ABOVE, BEING ACTIVE WITHIN THE UNION FOR A PERIOD OF TIME BUT FAVORING THE ROLEPLAY SCENE A BIT MORE. YOUR CO-CREATION OF UNION DRAMA WAS ANNOYINGLY AMUSING AND I TRUTHFULLY LOOK BACK THROUGH THAT CHANNEL EVERY NOW AND THEN FOR NOSTALGIA SIR. DID I DO GOOD FOLLOWING COMPANY POLICY SIR? (ps: I'm sorry for the eyesore dad)
  • Tanisha (Second United States Republic)
    • Tanisha has been a player in the Government Sim since she joined and her father left the region but was quickly drawn to just being a roleplayer. However, she also was an advocate for the Roleplay community within the Executive and worked hard in any positions she held when activity permitted. Though is it still bad the thought of you being Diamond still lingers in my mind sometimes? :p
  • Wonkey (Kliev Republic)
    • Wonkey is one of the big players of the Roleplay community. He had his stint in the Gov't Sim side of things but played a big part in the Roleplay community as a initial leader after the Founder of the Roleplay community eventually decided to leave the community. Wonkey and his entire staff team got the Roleplay community through some very tough times and it's to his dedication and hard work that it exists today.
  • Diamond Confederacy
    • The early days of our time in the Union was fun. I'm happy you shared your compassion for NationStates with your daughter and led her to us (even if you didn't, it's still really cool). You fit in with all of these people. You were a founding member of the Union Roleplay and you deserve this honor for staffing the community, putting effort in where it was needed and just being yourself. Thanks Diamond, wherever you are lol. Sorry for getting your name wrong at first. >_>
  • Zaegrad
    • A lot of people won't know you anymore or may of forgotten about you, but you were basically the Founder of the Roleplay Community. You and your original staff members paved the way for what the community is today and we owe you our thanks. Should you ever read this post, or register, or even decide to become an active member of our community, your guaranteed citizenship awaits you. Thank you Zaegrad for giving the Union 5 YEARS of Union Roleplaying.
Anyways, this to the current staff of both servers.

Happy LATE 5th Birthday

1662039869923.png

Now then, enough goody goody two shoes Phoenix. Back to hard ass Phoenix folks.

Respectfully gives a half bow and sits in the Guest benches.

Last edited:
Full support, all of them are more than deserving. It's nice to see my old friend Zaegrad remembered by someone other than myself randomly also.

Reactions: Phoenix
Several citizens quite deserving of this honor. I move to close debate

I secund the close of the debate

Debate is closed. Since no amendments have been proposed, we now move to formal vote. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

Ayes to the right-4
Noes to the left-0
i think the Ayes have it. the Ayes have it. The motion is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.