JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To amend the Constitution
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 6th of July, 2023, by Guess and Check
As follows:​

BELIEVING that the current system of tracking Council of State removals may lead to unforeseen consequences in the future,
MAINTAINING that a suspension-based system will help forestall these consequences,
BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Amendment

1. Article II, Clause 2 (excluding its subclauses) of the Constitution shall be replaced in full as follows: “In order to maintain Councilor status, a Councilor is expected to vote at least once in "every four Full voting periods. A written abstention counts as a vote to maintain the role of Councilor. Any Councilor who fails to vote in four consecutive votes shall be suspended; suspended Councilors will remain suspended until they cast a vote, which will unsuspend them. Suspended Councilors may lose their status as Councilor at the discretion of the Speaker."

Basically this jsut makes record keeping easier since Councillors are removed at the Speaker's behest.

Thank you, I open debate (If anyone actually has any objections to this i'd be surprised)

This seems fine. Should we specify votes on main motions only? or would a flurry of amendments be able to disqualify someone.

I'd appreciate Councillor being spelt correctly

I'd appreciate Councillor being spelt correctly
I never take the L

But yeah, I submit an amendment for all instances of "Councilor" to become "Councillor".

This seems fine. Should we specify votes on main motions only? or would a flurry of amendments be able to disqualify someone.
If we changed it to "Full voting votes", would that be better? The consti references "Full voting" as the vote that determines the final bill result, which imo makes it better but im not sure

Same boat as Glac, as long as we're not counting amendment votes within a bill towards that 4, I'm all for it.

ALright

jax two amendment motions (don't need a vote cuz im sponsor):
1. All mentions of "Councillor" shall become "Councilor".
2. The phrase "every four votes" shall be replaced by the phrase "every four Full voting periods".

Status
Not open for further replies.