Failed Motion to Amend "The Charter of Rights"

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has failed their respective house's legislative process.

On the main motion, To amend the bill "The Charter of Rights"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To amend the bill "The Charter of Rights"
Introduced into the Council of the Union of Democratic States on the 20th of August, 2023, by @Alfkarl - Alpine state
As follows:​

BELIEVING that the freedom to decide the future is a fundamental right
Be it enacted by the council of state:

Section 1: Changes to Section 1
1. The following rights shall be appended to the rights of Nations
a. The right to vote in World assembly and security council elections freely and without interference by the union.
b. The right to be processed by a government with that shall consist of humans doing tasks and all automated process must be appealable to a human.

I felt that these two rights were missing from the charter of rights and want to add them

While reading over the proposed amendment to the Charter, CCO Mar Janse raised an eyebrow at the second proposed guarantee. She shuffled a couple files around to view one taped to her desk. After looking back and forth between that and the proposal, she activated the mic on her desk to raise a point. "I can fully appreciate the intent behind this proposal, and understand where the honorable Councillor is coming from with the first addition. The second, however, appears to be redundant. Article 1, Section 1.C. of The Union's constitution guarantees the right to petition the government, and while one can never be certain of another's human nature under some philosophies, the government is comprised of entirely human individuals."

While listening to the response a flash of confusion came over his face. There is no protection from a LLM doing things like opening the speech I could elect chatGPT to be the president or my dog there is no protection.

Glacio Revera glowers over his papers.
"I find this proposal foolish and unnecessary."

Glacio Revera sits awkwardly in the Speaker's Chair and adjusts his tie.

"Honorable Council, voting shall commence, please vote "AYE" "NAY" or "ABSTAIN" on the electronic voting system, which shall remain open for 48 hours"

The Deputy Speaker slams his gavel awkwardly

Lord Speaker Jaxson Stands Up from his Chair while grabbing some Paperwork

"AHEM, The Votes have been Counted, And of the 5 Votes Casted, 2 Were for Yes, 3 were for No, So The Amendment to the Charter of Rights has not Passed the Council of State"

Gavel Hits, Confirming the Failure of the Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.