Kanglia's Corner: On Recent Events

Kanglia

Citizen
Oct 26, 2020
Awards
So everyone, let’s talk. At the time of this writing we have done something momentous. We have abolished the system of legislature which has defined this region for many years. For as long as I can remember there have been at least one elected body of legislature within the Union of Democratic States. Effective today that is no more. Now we undertake a great experiment to test if our region truly is capable of returning to its former legislative glory or if there is simply a community of people with no common goal or methodology but to be in each other’s company. We will find out if the region has any of its once abounding creativity left in it or if we are simply a group. I, for one, believe that that still exists. Not only does it exist in me, and Britt, and Phoenix, and all of the old guard, but I look at the new faces and see boundless potential and untapped passion for what this region once was and can still be. From a region which passed 93 congressional laws between 2016 and 2018. Some of these were good and some of these were absolutely terrible, but we used our creativity and our desire to push the boundary of what we could be to write them. I want to see many of you propose changes, propose laws, extraordinary motions, declarations, anything you can think of. Even if it does not strike you as important. Over the last few years I have noticed a general lack of apathy for what has been a largely growing section of our community in the nation roleplaying groups. I’m not to say that I have not been one of them, I certainly am guilty of that in the past. But I now see their actions and creativity as the next step of evolution within this region. Combining our regionally historic love of legislation with the roleplaying sectors creativity and their own legislative methods and I believe that we can truly capture lightning in a bottle and create something special. I see immense potential waiting to be fulfilled within this Council of State. I see immense potential waiting to be fulfilled within the Union. I am eager to see where this iteration of legislative bodies brings us, and I hope that this is the finality in our evolving legislative branch.

My next few pieces, which I hope to produce within the next several weeks, will be guides to defending, histories of the UDSAF, and my own experiences within the section of gameplay known as Raiding and Defending. If you happen to have any questions, feel free to message me on Discord, or reply here underneath, I’ll be more than happy to answer them.