June Senate Election Commission Questions

Kade

World Assembly Delegate
Deputy Chief Admin
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
This thread will hold questions and answers sent to the commissioners for clarification during the June election cycle. Questions answered here may be incorporated into future iterations of the regional election rules and/or may be enforceable as an election or referendum regulation under V.5.

Q: Am I able to DM individuals regarding my campaign if it's not spam?
A: Campaigning via DM is not allowed per election rules, discord rule #1. The commission believes that replying to questions sent from citizens via DM is OK and does not violate the spirit of discord rule #1 —kwv

A: Campaigning via DM is not allowed per election rules, discord rule #1. The commission believes that replying to questions sent from citizens via DM is OK and does not violate the spirit of discord rule #1 —kwv
This rule will be expanded on to make more clear what is and is not allowed after this election. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The future might prove me wrong, but I suppose a rule like that will result in a nosedive of voter turnout. (Also, if you’d prefer discussion somewhere else, I can move this post, just figure I’d post it here)

Reactions: Josephto