Issue: Citizen Role disappearing

Kade

World Assembly Delegate
Deputy Chief Admin
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
On 2020-12-09 we were notified that users are randomly missing their citizen role and being subsequently denied posting permissions in sub forums.

No other roles appear to be impacted at this time. An ETA will be provided when a root cause is found

Reactions: Zen
We have identified 23 impacted users from this bug. Reviewing the logs show that the citizenship group disappeared from users first, and then the discord bot also tried to de-mask on the discord.

Admin has been pinged to review additional logs / restricted settings to see what may have changed there.

Our lord and savior amazing forum sysop @Phoenix has found out the issue and believes it has something to do with the discord integration and syncing the citizen role. We have stopped syncing the citizen role to prevent accidental forum-side demasking. Please let one of us know if it disappears again.

I am new, and I didn't know where I should ask this, but here seemed as good as any. My application for citizenship was approved and such, but I still don't have the title and perks of being a citizen and what not. Is there a bit of a waiting period, or what?

I am new, and I didn't know where I should ask this, but here seemed as good as any. My application for citizenship was approved and such, but I still don't have the title and perks of being a citizen and what not. Is there a bit of a waiting period, or what?
Congrats! I've added you as a citizen. Also, love the banner. :love:

If you want, make sure to join our regional discord here: https://discord.gg/PtVSjBK

Looks like you were one of the folks caught up in the bug! Thatcher has fixed it for you :)

Reactions: Thatcher