Passed General Assembly Reform Act 2021

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Chief Admin
Oct 16, 2020
Awards
A Motion
To Amend the Constitution

Introduced into the Senate of the Union by Phoenix Coalition and British Isles and Commonwealth Realms​

BELIEVING that the General Assembly is lacking in activity,
UNDERSTANDING that the lack of a defined membership hampers its effectiveness,
ASSERTING that the General Assembly serves a purpose and should not be abolished,
THE FOLLOWING AMENDMENTS ARE MADE:

Section 1: Amendments

1. Clause 1 of Section 4 of Article 4 of the Constitution of the Union of Democratic States shall be amended to read, “All Citizens, not holding office as a Senator, shall be eligible to apply for membership of the General Assembly. As a member of the General Assembly, the President may draft, sponsor, introduce, and debate motions but may not vote on motions.”

2. A clause shall be inserted following Clause 2, and all clauses underneath shall be renumbered accordingly. This clause shall state; “The Chairperson shall keep an accurate and up to date roster of the General Assembly, including a list of all those who lost their membership due to inactivity .”

3. Clauses shall be added after Clause 1 as follows, and all clauses following them renumbered accordingly:

A. “Citizens who inform the Chairperson of the General Assembly of their wish to be admitted into the General Assembly shall be admitted to it as a member.
B. “Citizens shall lose their membership in the General Assembly should they fail to register a vote on four consecutive bills. A Citizen may not regain membership until the conclusion of the next regularly scheduled Senate election.”
C. “ For the purpose of the selection of the Chairperson of the General Assembly, should the office of the Chairperson be vacant, all persons eligible to apply for membership to the General Assembly shall serve as members until the office is filled. ”

Debate is open.

I like it. Let's get it passed.

I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. Motion is approved. We now move to amendment period for 48 hours

I move to close the amendment period as none have been proposed in the last 24 hours.

Aye.

The Ayes have it.

Voting may now occur until all senators have voted.

Aye

I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The bil is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.