End of term speech

EUKBICR

The Devil
Citizen
Oct 25, 2020
Awards
At long last, my time as Speaker and Senator is over. I have enjoyed my time in the Senate. In my year long service in legislature, I have fulfilled all the possible posts; Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Presiding Officer, Committee Chair and, of course, Senator. These 6 terms passed by with much excitement. I have nothing but appreciation for the way we, as Unionists, have embodied the process of legislation and decision making in the UDS. I first began my senatorial journey by running for the Senate By-election in July 2020. I can remember the grilling I received from Zukchiva who questioned my effectiveness as senator since I wasn't active on Discord and RMB. I lost that by-election. I tried again in September 2020, and again was grilled by Zuk. This time I wasn't as inexperienced as before. I won and served from October 2020 to March 2021 without break. In my first six-month time, we moved to a new forum, and created the office of Deputy Speaker. The then Speaker Nuevo San Miguel appointed me as his deputy on 14 November 2020.
Many changes took place in the Union at that time. Druing replaced Phoenix as President of the Union. We celebrated Union Day, organised by the eponymous committee of which I was a member. In my second term, I was Deputy Speaker again, this time under Phoenix. At this time I tried to first abolish and then reform the General Assembly, something the GA tried and succeeded in frustrating. We ratified treaties, confirmed ministers, and reconfirmed justices.
My third term began in February 2021. I was selected Speaker. The greatest achievement of that time was that the Senate with members from three different time zones, each oceans apart from the other, passed a legislation which was crucial for our presidential elections, in just 65 minutes.
I couldn't run a fourth time in succession. But after a gap, I returned and again selected Speaker. This was a senate elected under a new constitution, where we were the only legislative body. Kronstitution achieved what I, and many others like me, wanted -- the abolition of the General Assembly. In these last six months that I have served as Speaker of the Senate, much has happened that I will not bore you with, but I will say that the Senate has proved itself to be an institution worthy of the respect of the UDS. I thank the Unionist who voted for me, the senators who trusted me to run this august Chamber and the Speakers who appointed me as their deputy.
My time in office has come to an end. Maybe I will return, maybe I won’t. But my experience and my journey was exceptional. Goodbye.

As a former speaker to a soon-to-be-former speaker, I congratulate you on your accomplishment and thank you for your months of excellent service to the Union. Your absence will be felt, and your potential return greatly awaited. Thank you and good luck on all your journeys.

Glaciosia

I’ve unfortunately missed most of your time in the Senate Isles but I’m certain it was exceptional because I know you are an exceptional individual that the Union has had the great privilege to call a citizen and Senator for such an extended period. I wish you all the best with whatever your future holds.

Thank you for your service to the Union Isles, it was an honour to serve under you.

• Love
Reactions: EUKBICR
The Union is in debt to your service. Thank you Mr. Isles. Still a bit salty about that damn bill being passed in one hour.

Reactions: EUKBICR