Passed Criminal Code (Amendment) Act, 2021

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEREAS "Electoral Fraud" is currently defined as the unauthorised release of classified votes or the submission of multiple or falsified ballots,
WHEREAS this excludes the widely frowned upon practise of "voter importation", which involves the importation of corrupt voters and subsequent organisation to vote for a corrupt purpose,
BELIEVING that the Criminal Code needs to be amended to include voter importation as Electoral Fraud,
HEREBY AMENDS UL-004 as follows:

Section 1: Definitions and Short Title
1. This Act may be referenced as the "Criminal Code Electoral Fraud Definition Update of 2021"

Section 2: Provisions
1. Section 3, Clause 2 shall read "A person is guilty of Electoral Fraud when they:
  • Disclose the votes of other individuals when doing so is not strictly necessary for the administration of the election,
  • Intentionally submit multiple ballots or falsified ballots, or
  • Recruit voters or new citizens to join the Union of Democratic States for the sole purpose of voting in an election.
Electoral Fraud is classified as a High Crime."

The last line is what I'm thinking of proposing, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.
Still important that it includes this:
or knowingly participate in said electoral fraud effort as a recruit while being aware of the underlying corrupt purpose.

This seems sensible. I will work on including this later tomorrow

I propose this amendment ig:
WHEREAS "Electoral Fraud" is currently defined as the unauthorised release of classified votes or the submission of multiple or falsified ballots,
WHEREAS this excludes the widely frowned upon practise of "voter importation", which involves the importation of corrupt voters and subsequent organisation to vote for a corrupt purpose,
BELIEVING that the Criminal Code needs to be amended to include voter importation as Electoral Fraud,

1. This Act may be referenced as the "Criminal Code Electoral Fraud Definition Update of 2021"

1. Section 3, Clause 2 shall read "A person is guilty of Electoral Fraud when they:
  • Disclose the votes of other individuals when doing so is not strictly necessary for the administration of the election,
  • Recruit voters or new citizens to join the Union of Democratic States for the sole purpose of voting in an election, or knowingly participate in said electoral fraud effort as a recruit while being aware of the underlying corrupt purpose.

The last line is what I'm thinking of proposing, but I'm open to other suggestions as well.

• Recruit voters or new citizens to join the Union of Democratic States for the sole purpose of voting in an election, or knowingly participate in said effort.

I think knowingly already takes care of the last part, I prefer this version.

A motion to close debate has been moved. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The motion is approved.

• Recruit voters or new citizens to join the Union of Democratic States for the sole purpose of voting in an election, or knowingly participate in said electoral fraud effort.

Amendment to the bill is now up for vote. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The amendment is passed.

• Recruit voters or new citizens to join the Union of Democratic States for the sole purpose of voting in an election, or knowingly participate in said electoral fraud effort.

The bill as amended is now up for vote. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

Status
Not open for further replies.