Passed Chair for Life Act 2021

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdersland

I am thou, and thou art I
Junior Administrator
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Nation
Asdersland
Introduction for this bill is now open. I yield my own time for that matter.

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To grant a status following the provisions of The Awards Act (UL-026)
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 22nd of May, 2021, by @Zukchiva, and @Druing, @Tanisha, @Kade, @EUKBICR, @Kron, @Asdersland, @Sacento, @We The People, @Phoenix
As follows:

RECOGNIZING that the Union recently ratified its seventh Constitution.
NOTING that following said ratification, the legislative body of the General Assembly, one of the former organs of the legislature, ceased to exist.
FURTHER NOTING that @Josephto, the final Chairman of the Assembly, was entirely devoted to its welfare and did his best in office, and thus deserves recognition for the same:
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate:

Section 1: Provisions
1. Josephto shall be awarded the status of “Chairperson Emeritus”, following the provisions of the Awards Act (UL-026), for his great contributions as the final Chairman of the General Assembly.

Amazing, mission complete.

This right here is why Josephto is the Chairperson.

The one and only.

Joesphto was a good steward of the office he held. In my opinion, he deserves the title.

First step on the road to Joe becoming UDS dictator. In all seriousness, Joe does deserve it, pass it please.

Reactions: We The People
Joe did everything and more for the GA and was able to disprove claims that the GA was merely a rubber stamp. Moreso, while he had the opportunity to easily win a Senate seat he chose to remain in the General Assembly.
In conclusion, this year the General Assembly and Joesephto have become interchangable terms dependent on each other. As the former is gone, I can only hope that the latter will prosper. I would like to offer a haiku:

Two mighty powers
One of them is dead and gone
One is Chair for life

Hes okay. Young and dumb (but aren't we all?) but a good Unionist.

Pass it.

I think that's all the statements we'll be getting. I now open up the floor for debate and furthermore move to close it as I believe this is also a very clear case in favor of adopting this proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.