Passed Awards Act 2021

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdersland

I am thou, and thou art I
Junior Administrator
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Nation
Asdersland
I invite that incessant, though well-intentioned, Assembly member who sponsored this bill to present it. Phoenix, the floor is yours.

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To enact the bill "Establishment and Standardization of Awards & Other Grantable Items"
Introduced into the General Assembly of the Union of Democratic States on the 10th of April, 2021, by Phoenix
As follows:

BELIEVING that awards and ways of honoring Unionists are thriving,
CONTENDING that this is good for regional growth on a culture and community level,
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly:

Section 1: Definitions and Short Title
1. This Act may be referenced as the "Awards Act of 2021"

2. For the purposes of this act:
a. "Categories" shall be defined as "a place on the regional forums in which multiple boards are stored."
b. "Buildings" shall be defined as "a place on the regional forums inside of a category, known as a board."
c. "Establishing authority" shall be defined as "the head of the branch of government in which the award in question came from."

Section 2: Provisions
1. Establishment of an award shall be vested solely in the head of a currently active government branch.
a. This authority may be delegated to lower-ranked individuals inside the said branch.
b. Any currently established and future award must have a description, that includes the requirements to obtain the award and who may bestow it. Such a description must be publicly posted in the said branch's forums.
c. The Presidential Awards for Service must retain their current description as defined in Section 3.1 of this Act. These descriptions may be added on to, but not removed from what is stated in the Section.

2. The establishment of other grantable items, such as; statuses, or infrastructure renaming (which must be limited to Categories and/or "Buildings") shall only be vested solely in the Senate of the Union through a Motion, which must be signed off on by the President.
a. A member of the General Assembly may introduce a recommendation to the Senate to consider, and if agreed by three Senators, be permitted to introduce with the Senator introducing it.
b. Statuses given to a citizen of the Union may only be ceremonial, and may NOT be vested any authority. In addition, any rights or privileges may not heighten the influence of these Unionists, but solely as an award for dedication, hard work, etcetera.

3. The modification of an award must be approved by the establishing authority, or who they delegate.
a. Modifications must coincide with the requirements to establish an award and cannot deviate.
b. Modifications must be presented in a forum thread, detailing the changes and why.

4. The retirement of an award shall be vested solely in the head of a branch, which may not be delegated.
a. Retirement shall not mean the deletion of any data pertaining to that award or the stripping of said award from a user.
b. Should an award lose its establishing branch of government, that award will be under the discretion of the Executive to retire.

5.The removal of an award or status is bestowed in the establishing authority, or who they delegate.
a. Removal of an award from a group or individual requires a forum thread detailing why.
b. Removal cannot be due to personal disagreement, political sabotage of a person's reputation, or the loss of citizenship.
c. Removal can only occur if the person committed a crime and was found guilty, the person or group willingly wishes to forfeit the award, or the requirements to obtain the said award have drastically changed.

Section 3: References

1. Presidential Service Medals descriptions:
a. The Original concept of the First Class Service Medal was derived from a former Executive Order eight made by former Prime Minister Thatcher Whitehall in December of 2019. The First Class Service Medal is now awarded to current Citizens who provided overwhelmingly extensive service and leadership to the Union.

b. The Original concept of the Second Class Service Medal was derived from a former Executive Order eight made by former Prime Minister Thatcher Whitehall in December of 2019. The Second Class Service Medal is now awarded to current Citizens who provided extensive service and leadership to the Union.

c. The Original concept of the Third Class Service Medal was derived from a former Executive Order eight made by former Prime Minister Thatcher Whitehall in December of 2019. The Third Class Service Medal is now awarded to current Citizens who provided good service and leadership to the Union.

Greetings. This incessant Assembly Member's whos intent is questionably out of the door at this point with most of this lovely region is here to introduce this extremely great bill made with love. Just figured I would correct the Honorable Speaker. The Senate obviously knows why this bill is at their door for debate and consideration, but I suppose I'll give it a little bit of spice.

Considering I am sure at least one of you would love me gone from IC activities of this region, consider this: The quicker you get this passed, the quicker I leave.

Have a fantastic time doing your bidding, I certainly have had a fantastic time doing my own.

The Eventually Most Hated and Respected Citizen,

Phoenix

I move to extend debate to the end of the legislative term (subject to further modification).

• Angry
Reactions: Phoenix
Abstained , although I do not need extra time to consider this if other senators do it is their choice

Last edited:
  • Sad
Although I hardly need to remind Phoenix that they are not a Senator or inform about the multiple other ways Phoenix can petition the Senate, I will nonetheless provide my stance on it

The reason why some Senators want to extend debate is understandable, after all this bill mentions the General Assembly which will be gone if the proposed Kronstitution passes which would lead to the need to immiedetly amend this bill arising. Otherwise I personally think it is a necessery bill, although I do not see how referencing past Executive orders in legislation is a good idea

• Angry
I object to a violation of the rules of procedure by Phoenix. "The General Assembly sponsors of the bill are permitted to introduce the bill and to answer any questions senators may have raised during debate but may not participate in debate any further"

• Angry
So why did we extend debate for a bill that only seeks to formalise the current awards system.

I have several issues with the bill I would like to discuss and correct but I would not like to focus on that while we work on the Constitution. That is, at least, my personal rationale for this.

• Angry
I will move to close debate in 24 hours. Please get any comments, amendments, etc. in before then.

I propose that the entirety of section three shall be struck out

As a consequence, I also propose that section 2 clause 1 sublclause c shall be struck out

• Angry
I, quite frankly, see no reason for section three to be struck out. It may not be extraordinary necessary, but it does show that this is a formalization of a process that is already ongoing.

• Love
Aye. With three votes the motion passes and we will move to amendment stage.

The following amendments are up for vote, both by WTP:

1. That the entirety of section three shall be struck out.

2. That section 2 clause 1 subclause c shall be struck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.