[ARCHIVED] The Noble Thatcherites

The Noble Thatcherites

The Noble Thatcherites

QFjwoAp.jpg

Joined the Union on: December 18th, 2015

Notable Positions: Founder, Prime Minister, Chancellor, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Defense

Most Known For:
  • Founding the Union
  • Drafting multiple Constitutions
  • Creating multiple political traditions still followed today

Became an Honorary Citizen on: January 19th, 2021

Awards:

The Noble Thatcherites (or "Thatcher" as he is more well known) is a long accomplished Unionist from the early days of the Union. Having founded the Union in 2015 as a newcomer to NationStates, he quickly made his name known throughout the site, particularly in defending circles where Thatcher formed the super-defender-alliance FORGE with other budding defending regions. Within the Union itself, Thatcher made his impact from the start, proposing the Union's first ever Constitution and guiding the region in its early days. Thatcher would play a strong role in the Union's legislature (first called Congress and later the Council of State), proposing many bills to further the Union's governance. He'd also take the reigns as Prime Minister multiple times, wherein he would establish various modern facets of the Union's present-day government, most notably the Union of Democratic States Armed Forces (UDS's Defender military). Thatcher would also play a strong role in the Union's Foreign Affairs - having played a role in authoring and negotiating many of the Union's treaties with key allies such as 10000 Islands, The East Pacific, and The South Pacific. As Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Advisor, Thatcher would always advise the government to seek out new friends to both help the Union prosper and gain more influence on the interregional stage.

Through his service to the Union, Thatcher can be characterized as a passionate citizen with a drive unmatched by most. He's been known to set ambitious goals for the Union, alongside always seeking to provide ideas, set up meetings for further discussion, and seeking new individuals he can help mentor into governance. However, Thatcher is also known to be self-conscious and willing to correct any error he may have made - showing the true hallmarks of a leader. Nowadays, Thatcher primarily serves the region as its Chief Administrator, although he does often provide advice to the Executive.

Affirmations

"Thatcher has always been a notable figure to me, but not particularly intimidating. Which sounds bad at first, but oftentimes people with Thatcher's stature in other regions can be aloof and intimidating. When I first joined the region in 2018, I recall Thatcher being a pretty active and sociable voice in the chat. He also entertained my comments in the constitutional convention the following year, even though at that time I wasn't even a resident of the Union. I think it goes to show Thatcher's ability to listen to others and take in their ideas - which also goes to show how he's like, the common example of a leader. He's awesome." - Zukchiva, former President of the UDS. Statement given April 14th, 2023.

"As Phoenix, having known Thatcher since 2018, I can say with confidence that his leadership skills and unwavering commitment to his community have only grown stronger over the years. Thatcher's ability to build bridges and bring people together is truly remarkable and has been a driving force behind the success of the Union of Democratic States. I feel privileged to have witnessed his evolution from acquaintance to friend, and am proud to have been a part of his journey as he continues to make a positive impact on those around him." - Phoenix, current President of the UDS. Statement given April 14th, 2023.

"Thatcher Whitehall is where the Union all began. I joined the nationstates universe in early 2016 in a now defunct region, and one of our first allies was with the Union. Through that partnership, Thatcher managed to convince me to come aboard in his new region. Who would’ve thought a single conversation nearly seven years ago would have such profound impact – I got introduced to the R/D world, the WA, and made several lifelong friends thanks to Thatcher. He’s persevered through times of great change and inactivity, continuously making the region a better place." - Kade, current World Assembly Delegate of the UDS. Statement given April 9th, 2023.

Last edited: