Passed Amendment to the Constitution, 2022

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EUKBICR

The Devil
Citizen
Oct 25, 2020
Awards

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION
To amend the Constitution of the Union of Democratic States Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 12th of January, 2022, by Glaciosia and Kade. As follows:​

ASSERTING that the timely acceptance of citizenship applications is of the upmost importantance;
ACCEPTING the value of provisions to protect against voter importation,
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate:
Section 1: Provisions 1. The phrase ", or applied during election season" shall be struck out from Article I, clause 2 of the Constitution.
2. Article I, clause 4 shall be amended to read: "No citizen shall be denied the right to a secret and confidential vote after more than 5 days from the granting of citizenship".

Last edited:
I believe this will effectively allow the constitution to be compliant with the revised citizenship act, and preserve the rights of citizens while increasing retention and recruitment and securing ourselves from manipulation

Debate is closed. We now move to formal vote. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

Owing to the urgent nature of this amendment, I am closing the lobbies.

Ayes to the right - 3
Noes to the left - 0
I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The bill is passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.