Passed A Motion to Confer Honorary Citizenship

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

North Plegia

Citizen
Jan 16, 2021
Awards

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To confer Honorary Citizenship
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 15th of February, 2022, by @Phoenix, @Glaciosia, @Zukchiva, @Kron, @Dyl, and @Sacento
As follows:

RECOGNIZING their long and storied history in the Union of Democratic States,
LAUDING their contributions to the region, its government, culture and institutions, through their service in various roles such as Minister of Foreign Affairs, Senator, and Speaker,
EXPRESSING thankfulness for their assistance and leadership in the matters of foreign affairs and legislative processes,
EXPRESSING thankfulness for their notable culture contributions through poetry and the storytelling woven into the poems’ meanings,
WISHING to convey goodwill to them in their future endeavors,
BRITISH ISLES AND COMMONWEALTH REALMS IS HEREBY CONFERRED HONORARY CITIZENSHIP:

Pretty clear cut and obvious choice for Honorary Citizen. I don't believe I have to justify this any further, but please do ask me questions.

As a cosponsor, I ask the senate to approve this motion, understanding the incredibly devotion, knowledge and kindness which our dear isles has brought to us in their term.

Reactions: Phoenix
As a cosponsor, all I have to add is that Isles is wholly deserving of this recognition. His work in the government is impressive in and of itself; when coupled with all he does outside of it as a member of our regional community, this should be as clear-cut as any.

Reactions: Phoenix
I waive my right to introduce this wonderful Motion which speaks for itself

I motion to close debate. IMO this is open and shut.

A motion to close debate has been moved. If in the next twenty-four hours, beginning at the time of posting this message on the forum, there are no objections, the motion will stand and the debate will be closed. Should any of you object, the Senate shall vote on the motion.

Debate is closed. The Senate now moves to formal vote. Those in favour of the bill say Aye, on the contrary No.

The Ayes to the right: 4
The Noes to the left: 0
I think the Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The bill passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.