Amendment A Motion To Amend the Constitution to Remove Senate Confirmation of Ministers

Glaciosia

High Lord of All Administrators
Administrator
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Nation
Glaciosia
Honorable Speaker, Honorable Deputy Speaker, I present the following for introduction to the Senate:

Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION
To amend the Constitution of the Union of Democratic States
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 7th of November, 2021, by Glaciosia.
As follows:

ASSERTING that the appointment of Cabinet Ministers has been heretofore uncontroversial;
NOTING the considerable delays to the process of executive governance engendered by the nomination process at the start of each term;
UNDERSTANDING that the Senate continues to have the power to remove ,
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate:

Section 1: Provisions
1. The phrase “Cabinet Ministers,” shall be struck out from Article II, clause 11 of the Constitution.
2. Article II. clause 10 of the Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
10. The Senate may hold votes of no confidence against the Vice President, Cabinet Ministers, Justices, the World Assembly Delegate, the Speaker, the Chief Commissioner and the Deputy Commissioner. Successful votes of no confidence result in removal from office. Votes of no confidence against Cabinet Ministers may be held for any reason, while may be held due to:​
a). Over 10 days of inactivity.​
b). Criminal conviction.​
c). Other reasons established by law.​

3. Subclause c of article III, clause 5 shall be struck out.

Code:
[HR][/HR]
[CENTER][IMG width="164px"]https://i.theuds.org/images/2020/12/12/Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png[/IMG]
[B][SIZE=7]A MOTION[/SIZE][/B]
To amend the Constitution of the Union of Democratic States
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 7th of November, 2021, by Glaciosia.
As follows:
[/CENTER]
[HR][/HR]
[I]ASSERTING that the appointment of Cabinet Ministers has been heretofore uncontroversial;
NOTING the considerable delays to the process of executive governance engendered by the nomination process at the start of each term;
UNDERSTANDING that the Senate continues to have the power to remove ,
BE IT ENACTED by the Senate:[/I]

[B]Section 1: Provisions[/B]
1. The phrase “Cabinet Ministers,” shall be struck out from Article II, clause 11 of the Constitution.
2. Article II. clause 10 of the Constitution shall be amended to read as follows:
[INDENT]10. The Senate may hold votes of no confidence against the Vice President, Cabinet Ministers, Justices, the World Assembly Delegate, the Speaker, the Chief Commissioner and the Deputy Commissioner. Successful votes of no confidence result in removal from office. Votes of no confidence against Cabinet Ministers may be held for any reason, while may be held due to:
[INDENT]a). Over 10 days of inactivity.
b). Criminal conviction.
c). Other reasons established by law.[/INDENT][/INDENT]
3. Subclause c of article III, clause 5 shall be struck out.