Recent content by North Plegia

1. North Plegia

North Plegia's End-of-Term Speech

North Plegia's End-of-Term Speech (Senate Speaker; February/March 2022) I speak to you all as Speaker from the Speaker's Office. I like speaking. It's fun. But it's time to quit. My time here is over. It's finally time for the NEW BLOOD to rain over the Union of Democratic States. Not only...
  2. North Plegia

Passed A Motion to Repeal and Replace the Senate Rules of Procedure

The Ayes to the right: 4 The Noes to the left: 0 I think the Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The bill passes.
  3. North Plegia

The Senate now moves to formal vote. Those in favour of the bill say Aye, on the contrary no.
  4. North Plegia

The Ayes to the right: 4 The Noes to the left: 0 I think the Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The amendment passes.
  5. North Plegia

Debate is closed. The Senate now moves to vote on the following amendment: Replace 3.3 as: "During discussion, any motion within reason may be made relating to the item at hand. Upon receiving a second, the motion shall pass, but may be contested by another Senator within 24 hours of the...
  6. North Plegia

Overall I think this is a good system, I've already touched on the slight errors & omissions of the draft and it seems to have all been fixed up. So I lend my support.
  7. North Plegia

A MOTION To repeal and replace the Senate Rules of Procedure Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 20th of March, 2022, by @Kron As follows: BELIEVING we should have a law format, CONTENDING that preambles are good, BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General...
  8. North Plegia

Failed Motion to Repeal Citizenship Act (UL-006) and Honorary Citizenship Act (UL-017) and to Amend Criminal Code Act (UL-004)

The Ayes to the right: 1 The Noes to the left: 3 I think the Noes have it. The Noes have it. The bill fails.
  9. North Plegia

Failed Motion to Repeal Citizenship Act (UL-006) and Honorary Citizenship Act (UL-017) and to Amend Criminal Code Act (UL-004)

The Senate now moves to formal vote. Those in favour of the bill say Aye, on the contrary No.
  10. North Plegia

BELIEVNG the Citizenship Act to be a noble attempt to fulfill the Union’s requirements for such a statute; UNDERSTANDNG the importance of preserving the highest quality of legislation; UNDERTAKING the task of updating our legislation for new legal paradigms; Section I: Definitions & Short...
  11. North Plegia

The Ayes to the right: 4 The Noes to the left: 0 I think the Ayes have it. The Ayes have it. The amendments pass.