Failed Removing Powdered Wigs from the Council

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has failed their respective house's legislative process.

VOTING ON THE CURRENT MOTION

• Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION
To enact the bill "Removing Powdered Wigs from the Council"
Introduced into the Council of the Union of Democratic States on the 18th of November, 2023, by @JaxsonWinter
As follows:​

WHEREAS The House of the Council is Moving Further into the Modern Age
SEEING THAT Powdered Wigs are Indeed a Thing of the Old and Past
NOTING THAT Very Few Members Besides the Speaker and other High Ranking Officials do acutally wear powdered wigs within the Chamber
RECOGNIZING That Powdered Wigs are also Sweaty and Ichy
BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Definitions and Short Title
1. This Act may be referenced as the "Removing Powdered Wigs from the Council"

Section 2: Provisions
1. Powdered Wigs Shall be Removing from the Chamber of the Council of State
a. Members Shall be Restricted from Wearing Powdered Wigs (which very little did) Within the Chamber

2. Should a Member of the Council wish to Wear a Powdered Wig Within the Chamber, The Member must get Permission from the Speaker of the Council to do so
a. The Wig Should Also be Made of Powder that does not Effect any other Member of the Council

The Speaker Gets out His Glasses and Wipes them Down, before grabbing paperwork and Walking down to the Speaking Podium

He Places down the Paperwork and Adjusts the Microphone

"Deputy Speaker, Colleges, and Honorable Members of the Council, Although the Speaker Does not normally Submit Bills to their own Council, I felt that this one Subject that has bearing on my Soul must see the Light of the Council"

Flips Page

"As my term as Speaker comes to an End, and As we Modernize our Legislative System, I Believe that We Should Formally Remove all Powdered Wigs from the Council of State Chamber, Powdered Wigs are an Item of the Past, and we are Far from it, Not to Mention, Only a Few Members, Including Myself, Acutally do bother to Wear Powdered Wigs inside the Chamber, both for Formality, and Position Reasons, But Powdered Wigs are Sweaty, and Very Ichy, which is why i call for an End of Powdered Wigs inside The Council"

The Speaker Grabs his Paperwork, and Heads Back to his Chair

Putting away the Paperwork, He Stands back up

"I Now Open Debate"

He Sits back down

"based indeed", says the Guess and Check representative. he then returns to his notes to continue scribbling at something.

Due to no Discussion for the past 48 Hours, i close Debate by Section 4.1 of the RoP

Voting On the Motion shall now Commence

Those for the Motion, Vote Aye
Those Against, Vote Nay
Those who want to vote but nether Aye or Nay may Abstain

Voting will be open for the next 36 hours

Voted Ended a Long time Ago

With 2 Votes Yes and None No, The Vote WOULD Pass
But Due to Section Six of Article Two Of The Constitution, Because less then 3 Councilor Members Voted, The Bill is not considered Binding

Therefore, The Vote has Failled

Status
Not open for further replies.