Discussion Motion to Remove the Honorary Citizenship of East Chimore

• Hey, Guest! We recently upgraded our forum to 2.3.0. The style (theme) that we were using was out of date, so we had to revert back to our old style. There may be some issues (asides from those apparently obvious) that will need to be sorted out. Please be patient!
The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that is currently in the discussion phase.

Vote on the Amendment

• Aye

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To Enact the Act "Make March 20th a Holiday"
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 19th of May, 2024, by @Ostro
As follows:​

Remembering that, on June 18th, 2023, the member known as East Chimore, also called AC Alex and Vendiagram was conferred honorary citizenship by the Council of State,
Acknowledging that at the time, East Chimore was one of the most active and important members of the Union, revitalizing the armed forces and the census to name but two areas,
Dismayed that East Chimore chose not only to leave the Union but to join the blight of raiderdom, destroying and defiling innocent regions,
Believing that such individuals should not keep their status as honorary citizens of the Union,

The Council of State hereby enacts:

Section 1: Removal of Honorary Citizenship

Effective immediately, East Chimore is stripped of their honorary citizenship of the Union of Democratic States.

I call upon the Honorable Member and Director, @Ostro to give an opening statement if they wish

I call upon the Honorable Member and Director, @Ostro to give an opening statement if they wish
My fellow councilors, this motion is one I desperately wish wasn't necessary. East Chimore introduced me to the Union and was someone I considered a friend for a long time. However, the Union has a strong history of defenderdom and support for the rights of innocent regions, and I simply don't believe that the honorary citizenship of a destructive raider should stand. I have nothing more to say.

Thank you Mr Director, I open the Motion and this chamber to debate on the Motion

Councilors,

I am neutral (leaning against) on this topic, we were not super close but I do not think Alex shares the same mentality as Raiders do, most of them are super cool people regardless of what they do on this game, which is an archaic mini-game that is apart of NationStates. It gives people something to do, but it ruins communities and at times, makes the life of the game much more toxic. However, that is to be expected, a competitive game about politics and "territories" (i.e regions), this is simply a fact of our online lives.

Alex was a valuable member of the community, and while at the time I and possibly others thought her nomination was too soon, I think having it removed sets a bad precedence for others who simply wish to give the raiding aspect of this game a try, to be removed from HC as well. Alex also left without a word, deleted everyone and hasn't reached out. They finally sent me a friend request (after I had one pending to her for months) just recently but still haven't messaged. I am very torn on this and will likely be voting abstain. I encourage everyone to vote the way they believe they should, but certainly take this statement into mind.

Last edited:
It is key to balance the image of region with the recognition of those who have made our region as awesome as it is. I propose we suspend the honorary citizenship of Alex.
I propose an amendment to the bill

The following shall be ammended

Effective immediately, East Chimore is stripped of their honorary citizenship of the Union of Democratic States.
Shall be replaced as
Section 1: Condemnation
The Union of the Democratic States condemns all raiding activities that have an adverse player impact.
Section 2: Suspension of honorary citizenship
East Chimore shall have their honorary citizenship suspended for a period of 6 weeks from the signing of this bill. East Chimore shall be prohibited from using the title.

It is key to balance the image of region with the recognition of those who have made our region as awesome as it is. I propose we suspend the honorary citizenship of Alex.

Shall be replaced as

I believe the suspension of someone from HC or citizenship would prove unconstitutional. There is no tool in the constitution or law that allows the Executive or Legislative branches to suspend someone of their status as a citizen or HC.

Shall be replaced as
I agree with this motion and propose it be voted on by the council

I believe the suspension of someone from HC or citizenship would prove unconstitutional. There is no tool in the constitution or law that allows the Executive or Legislative branches to suspend someone of their status as a citizen or HC.
I believe this is a special case in terms of the suspension and if necessary the supreme court could rule it unconstitutional if this becomes law

Sorry for the delay,
As this is an act of the council the lack of regulation does not in prohibit the creation of such regulations. Merely removing the title has no effect on the fundamental rights. On the other hand if the supreme court is to overturn this then we will have at least succeeded in creating a precedent.
With this I second the motion to bring the amendment to vote.

If there be no more arguments in favour or against, shall we close the debate and move to vote on the proposed amendments?

The discussion is closed. We now move to vote on the following amendment.

Shall be replaced as
Section 1: Condemnation
The Union of the Democratic States condemns all raiding activities that have an adverse player impact.
Section 2: Suspension of honorary citizenship
East Chimore shall have their honorary citizenship suspended for a period of 6 weeks from the signing of this bill. East Chimore shall be prohibited from using the title.

To be clear, I still believe that the act of raiding is fundamentally destructive and uncondonable for the citizens and honorary citizens of the Union, and that it is tantamount to legalized griefing. Nonetheless, I shall abstain.

To be clear, I still believe that the act of raiding is fundamentally destructive and uncondonable for the citizens and honorary citizens of the Union, and that it is tantamount to legalized griefing. Nonetheless, I shall abstain.
Vote in the poll.