Failed Motion to Ban the FORMER President from using ChatGPT

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has failed their respective house's legislative process.

VOTE TO OVERTURN VETO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To enact the bill "Banning The President From ChatGPT"
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 21st of June, 2023, by @JaxsonWinter
As follows:​

RECOGNIZING that that the President has formed an addiction to ChatGPT
SEEING that the addiction is effecting how he runs the Union
BELIEVING that if the addiction continues the President may be Incapable of Running The Union
BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Definitions and Short Title
1. This Act may be referenced as the "Motion to Ban the President from using ChatGPT"

Section 2: Provisions
1. President Phoenix Shall be Banned From Using ChatGPT Until Stated Otherwise
2. If the President Fails to Stop Using ChatGPT Within 24 Hours of Passing The Bill, an Intervention or Equivalent shall be carried out
3. When A President is Out of Office, This Bill will be automatically Edited to Include the New Presidents Name

Section 3: Statement of Purpose
1. This law is understood to be for the purposes of roleplaying and therefore non-binding in its entirety.

The Lord Speaker Gets up From his Chair, and Grabs a few Papers from his Desk
He Makes his way down to the Main Floor, and Prepares to Speak

"My Follow Councilors of the Council! Although Submitted Motions are normally not Written by the Speaker, I have seen a Reason for the Motion to come to be...
As You all may have Noticed, Within the Past few Weeks, our President has Developed an Addiction, Not to a Drug, But to the Popular Website, ChatGPT, The AI Writing Website, This has been Seen as The President has used it to Write Speeches, Emails, and Responses to Other Members of The Government
With this Addiction, His Ability to Run the Union has started to Deteriorate, Since he has Been Using it to write Speeches, Emails, ECT.
For this Reason, I Call for The Motion to Ban Him from Using ChatGPT, As it his effected His Life, and The Union Too Much..."

The Speaker Bows to The Councilors, And Walks back up to his Chair, Adjusting his Robes and wig on his way back

"With My Opening Statement having Concluded, I Now Open Debate on the Current Motion"

Chief Compliance Officer Mar Janse looks up briefly from a stack of paperwork and regulations as the motion on the floor is introduced, before digging through her documents to quickly re-read the bill. Her eyes freeze on a particular line, nose scrunching up as she squints. She quickly rises to address the chamber, "Honored Lord Speaker, it seems to me that this bill only applies to President Phoenix, and should he leave office this will not apply anymore. I just wish to clarify, is that the intent?"

Full support and full send on this one.

Pretty sure putting sensitive government info in AI models violates our security policy anyways 😛

The Lord Speaker gets up to Reply to the Honorable Member
"As It does seem to Be worded like that, No, The Bill will roll over when a new President is Elected, the bill will be modified to include the next president, we wouldn't want the next president forming the same addiction:
Chief Compliance Officer Mar Janse looks up briefly from a stack of paperwork and regulations as the motion on the floor is introduced, before digging through her documents to quickly re-read the bill. Her eyes freeze on a particular line, nose scrunching up as she squints. She quickly rises to address the chamber, "Honored Lord Speaker, it seems to me that this bill only applies to President Phoenix, and should he leave office this will not apply anymore. I just wish to clarify, is that the intent?"

The Emperor stands once more. "We whole heartedly disagree with this defamation attempt by the Lord Speaker and the Astrodemean Reich proper. We do not have an addition to or require this API program to write our statements."

The Lord Speaker Gets up to speak again
"As it seems that no further debate will occur, i End the Debating Period"

"The Voting Period Of The Motion Will Now Commence, Members will vote VIA Electronic Device (AKA The Poll)
As No Amendments that need to be voted on have been raised, Voting on the Main Motion Will Automatically Commence"

The Speaker is handed a Paper, puts on his Glasses, starts reading the paper

"All Honorable Members Who agree with the Current Motion May Vote 'AYE', All Opposed May Vote 'NO', Those who still wish to vote but wish not to vote 'AYE' or "NO' may vote "ABSTAIN'.."

The Speaker Hits the Gavel, Commencing The Voting Period

The Speaker gets up from his chair and is handed the Results
"The Tellers have Conclued;
That in Respect of the votes on The Motion to Ban the President from ChatGPT

The Ayes have 3
The Noes have 1
With 1 Member Abstaining

So The Ayes have it! The Ayes Have it!
The Bill will be passed by the CoS"

I Second the Motion
Voting on the Veto will commence shortly

The Speaker Stands up, as He Flips though The Constitution and Rules of Procedures for the CoS, He Lands on A Page
"AHEM... Under Article 2, Section 8 of the Constitution of The Union of Democratic States, The Council of State will Commence A Vote to Overturn a Presidential Veto, VIA a Three-Quarters Supermajority, On the Motion to Ban the Now Former President from using ChatGPT

All Honorable Members Who agree with the Overturn Vote may vote 'AYE', All Opposed May Vote 'NO', Those who still wish to vote but wish not to vote 'AYE' or "NO' may vote "ABSTAIN'.."

Councilor Glacio Revera stands up slowly, and ruffles a set of papers before speaking.

"Honorable Council, I feel that this bill fails to stand up to the rigor we expect from our legislation. Whether or not we believe regulating the use of such tools is appropriate, I find the specific application to one official improper and the rest poorly constructed. As such I will be voting nay."

I believe that the power to VETO was incorrectly used so I vote aye.

"Nay." Says the figure whom was the Delegate from Phoenix Coalition.

With four ayes, two nays and two abstentions the motion has not achieved a three-fourths supermajority as ordained in the Constitution. The motion fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.