Passed Motion "In Recognition of Executive Dedication and Contribution of Phoenix Coalition (A proposal to add an honorific name)"

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.

On the main motion, To enact the bill "In Recognition of Executive Dedication and Contribution of Ph

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To enact the bill "In Recognition of Executive Dedication and Contribution of Phoenix Coalition (A proposal to add an honorific name)"
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 8th of August, 2023, by @AC Alex | East Chimore
As follows:​

GRATEFUL for the numerous months dedicated to the executive by Phoenix Coalition during his time in The Union, notably having served multiple terms as Minister of the Census and a record six terms as President & Commander In Chief,

AMAZED with Phoenix Coalition's handling and processing of over a hundred citizen application; overseeing the Union diplomatic efforts on and subsequent signing of The United Island Accord, UDS/NST Cross Promotion Agreement, The Awards Accords, Union Town-Madison Convention; outreach and back-channels work within The Aegis Accords and helping bring in The League, The Order of The Grey Wardens, and Europeia on as signatories; and helping to consistently recruit and train the next generation of Union Leadership,

NOTICING his contributions to the Union's forum appearance, function, stability, utility, and longevity,

RECOGNIZING his multiple years of having the status as an Honorary Citizen of the Union,

BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Honorific Naming
1. The section on the forum known currently as "Executive Mansion" shall hereafter be known as "Phoenix Coalition Executive Mansion".
2. All references on government and official documentation to the "Executive Mansion" subforum shall be replaced with "Phoenix Coalition Executive Mansion".

Section 2: Statement of Purpose
1. This law is understood to be for the purposes of forum renaming, and is meant to be binding.

As it has been more than 12 hours since the sponsor was given the opportunity to make an introduction, I hereby open debate.

Noting the opening of debate, East Chimore's CCO, Mar Janse, rose up from her desk in the Council's grand chamber. She cleared her throat before addressing the gathered Councillors. "Members of this esteemed body, I bring forth this proposal to recognize great service done for The Union. In times past, governmental locations have been named after esteemed individuals who contributed greatly to that location's function, form, or history. We reside in such a place now, the Zion Imperium Legislative Complex. This bill aims to bring another historic name of The Union to another building - naming our Executive Mansion after one who has resided there for many a term and gave great leadership from within its halls. I implore you, please consider approving the bill to designate that location as the Phoenix Coalition Executive Mansion."

*Glacio Revera rises from his chair*
My fellow councilors, I do not seek to impugne the character of Phoenix, but I must say that I have serious reservations about this bill. Firstly, i believe it has been formatted improperly and should have been made as an amendment to the regional symbols act. Secondly, I object to bestowing these types of honors while the honoree remains active in that sphere of politics, which Phoenix clearly is as the Vice President. If this were proposed properly and after Phoenix retires from the executive branch I would be in favor but presently I am not.

*Honorable Kakapo says* I secund the motion

Glacio Revera sits more confidently in the Speaker's Chair and peers down over his wire framed glasses. "Honorable Council, voting shall commence, please vote "AYE" "NAY" or "ABSTAIN" on the electronic voting system, which shall remain open for 48 hours" The Deputy Speaker taps the gavel to open voting.

Lord Speaker Jaxson Stands Up from his Chair, Holding a Paper he gets Ready to read

"AHEM, The Votes have been Counted, With 7 Votes Cast, 2 Abstains, Which will not Count Towards the needed Votes to Pass, 2 Noes, and 3 Yes, The Council of State will Pass The Motion "In Recognition of Executive Dedication and Contribution of Phoenix Coalition"

Gavel Hits, Confirming the Passing of the Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.