JaxsonWinter

The Greater Empire of Astrodom
Executive Cabinet
Oct 3, 2022
Awards
Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png

A MOTION

To enact the bill "In Recognition of The Flaming Truth"
Introduced into the Council of State of the Union of Democratic States on the 26th of January, 2024, by @Phoenix
As follows:​

GRATEFUL for the numerous years of journalism, bringing the truth to the readers in an unbiased and factual manner.

AMAZED with the seven year run, from
humble beginnings to innovative proof of concepts. Then finally being blessed with that innovative proof of concept, turned masterpiece as one final issue.

RECOGNIZING the person behind the issues from The Flaming Truth, Comlogical for their dedication to regional journalism along with his team.

BE IT ENACTED by the Council of State:

Section 1: Honorific Naming
1. The section on the forum known currently as "Media House" shall hereafter be known as "The Comlogical Media House".
2. All references on government and official documentation to the "Media House" subforum shall be replaced with "The Comlogical Media House".

Section 2: Statement of Purpose
1. This law is understood to be for the purposes of forum renaming, and is meant to be binding.

I Call upon the Honorable Member, Mr. Bravo 1 @Phoenix to introduce the Bill to the Council

Mister Bravo One, otherwise known as the Emperor of Phoenix Coalition, Phoenix Ember comes down the aisle from his comfortable seat and stands before the Council of State at the speaking stand.

Esteemed Council Colleagues,

I address you this afternoon with the long-awaited presentation of a bill that could have been brought forward at any time over the last two or three years of the Union's existence. Throughout our illustrious history, journalism has been a key player in driving citizen engagement—one of the foundational aspects of our regional politics. While the times have brought about changes in our region's trajectory, it's crucial not to forget the elements that made our political landscape lively, particularly the newspapers that have dutifully served the Union.

There are undoubtedly many newspapers capable of filling the void left by The Flaming Truth. However, I firmly believe it is our duty to honor institutions or individuals who have left an indelible mark. I am confident that Comlogical's The Flaming Truth has not only met but exceeded these criteria. It has been a trendsetter, a benchmark, and, at various points in its history, the cornerstone of what defines a distinguished newspaper in the Union.

The rich history of The Flaming Truth is a narrative best left to the author in their final issue, signaling their retirement from the world of journalism in our region.

Therefore, it is both my distinct privilege and duty to officially nominate Comlogical and The Flaming Truth for their influential and pivotal role in shaping the history of our region.

The Emperor meets eyes momentarily with the Speaker, "I yield my time, Lord Speaker."

Thank you Mr Bravo One
As the Emperor has yielded his time debate on the Bill shall commence

The Lord Speaker hits the gavel, opening debate on the bill, then starts retieing his tie

I support this motion and motion to close debate

debate will be closed and voting will be opened soon

Status
Not open for further replies.