Kade

World Assembly Delegate
Deputy Chief Admin
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Lord Speaker,

It has come to my attention that we miss out on a significant number of citizenship applications due to the lengthy UDS election period that prevents the acceptance of applications during an election period. As it stands, I have two applications that must wait until the completion of the current by-election to accept. I believe that it is possible to accept new citizens into the Union, while temporarily preventing them from voting in the ongoing election would preserve the spirit of the current rule, but still allow our citizenry to grow.

Please present the following bill to the Senate. I am happy to take questions and/or re-post this as an introduction.

v/r
Kade W. Vasentius
Deputy Minister of the Census

Code:
[HEADING=1][CENTER]
[IMG width="164px"]https://i.theuds.org/images/2020/12/12/Coat_of_Arms_UDS.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/HEADING]
[HEADING=1][CENTER]
[B]A MOTION[/B][/CENTER][/HEADING]
[CENTER]To bring into law the bill "Amendment to UL-006 The Citizenship Act"
Introduced into the SENATE of the Union of Democratic States on the DAY of MONTH, YEAR, by SPONSOR, and COSPONSORS
As follows:
[/CENTER]
[HR][/HR]

[I]BELIEVING too many possible citizens are lost due to electoral delays,
CONTENDING that the Union can manage a small number of temporary ineligible voters,
THE FOLLOWING IS ENACTED AS LAW:[/I]

[b]Section 1: Definitions and Short Title[/b]
1. This Act may be referenced as the "Election Exception Act"

[b]Section 2: Provisions[/b]
1. 4.5 shall be amended to read "Applications may approved within 3 days of any election period being opened and throughout the election period, however these citizens are NOT granted the right to vote in that election."
 a. 4.5.1 shall be added and read "The Minister of the Census, or their designee, shall notify the electoral comission of these ineligible citizens prior to the election finishing."