To Repeal UL-019 "The Delegacy Act of 2021" and to Enact into law an updated codification of the World Assembly Advisory Board's responsibilities.
Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 9th of June, 2021, by Kade Vasentius and Josephto.
RECOGNIZING that the Union structure of government has changed
BELIEVING the delegacy is an important position that requires the input of all citizens
UNDERSTANDING the UDSAF works in conjunction with the delegate
UL-019 is hereby REPEALED
and the following is Enacted as Law:
Section One: Definitions and Short Title:
1. This Act may be referenced as the “Delegacy Act”
2. For the purposes of this act:
A.“The President” is the democratically elected head of the Union of Democratic States Executive Branch as certified by electoral commissioners in their duty as election officers.
B. The “World Assembly Delegate” or “Delegate” shall be defined as the lawful Delegate of the region, appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate as provided for in Article 3.10 of the Constitution.
C. The “General Assembly voting page” is the NationStates page found at ‘https://www.nationstates.net/page=ga’.
D. The “Security Council voting page” is the NationStates page found at ‘https://www.nationstates.net/page=sc’.
Section Two: World Assembly Advisory Board
1. The World Assembly Advisory Board shall be composed of members chosen by the World Assembly Delegate, and who may be removed at will.
2. The President may also sit on the Advisory Board upon their own request.
A. The President may delegate their seat as well as one additional seat to members of their Cabinet.
3. The Advisory Board shall advise the Delegate on a course of action regarding each World Assembly proposal, as well as the general affairs of the World Assembly and World Assembly activity within the region.
4. All members of the Advisory Board shall be members of the World Assembly who have endorsed the Delegate.
A. The President, or their delegates, and members of the Union of Democratic States Armed Forces in active status, shall be exempt from this requirement.
5. The World Assembly Delegate shall be the chair of the Advisory Board.
6. The World Assembly Delegate may choose a member of the Advisory Board who is not the President to be the Assistant Delegate.
A. The Assistant Delegate shall chair meetings of the Advisory Board in the World Assembly Delegate’s absence or upon their request, and assist the Delegate in the performance of their duties.
7. The World Assembly Delegate, or their delegate, may empower members of the Advisory Board to perform outreach or other activities to promote World Assembly participation in the Union.
Section Three: Voting Procedure
1. The World Assembly Delegate shall vote or abstain on each World Assembly proposal after consultation with the World Assembly Advisory Board.
2. The decision of the Advisory Board shall be non-binding on the Delegate.
3. The President may direct the Delegate to vote for or against a World Assembly proposal in accordance with their duties and powers as Chief Diplomat of the Union of Democratic States.
4. The President shall notify the World Assembly Delegate of a direction to vote within forty-eight (48) hours of the vote in question commencing, which the Delegate shall follow.