To Repeal UL-008 the Delegate Voting Act of 2020 and to Enact into law an improved codification of the World Assembly Delegate’s responsibilities.
Introduced into the General Assembly of the Union of Democratic States on the 28th of January, 2021, by Glaciosia, Druing, and Asdersland.
Believing that UL-008 unduly restricts the World Assembly Delegate in the conduct of their duties;
Asserting that the President need not be directly involved in every decision of the WAD;
UL-008 IS HEREBY REPEALED
THE FOLLOWING IS ENACTED AS LAW:
Section One: Definitions and Short Title:
1. This Act may be referenced as the “Delegacy Act”
2. For the purposes of this act:
A.“The President” is the democratically elected head of the Union of Democratic States Executive Branch as certified by the Chancellery in their duty as election officers.
B. The “World Assembly Delegate” or “Delegate” shall be defined as the lawful Delegate of the region, appointed by the Chancellors as provided for in Article 6.6 of the Constitution.
C. The “General Assembly voting page” is the NationStates page found at ‘https://www.nationstates.net/page=ga’.
D. The “Security Council voting page” is the NationStates page found at ‘https://www.nationstates.net/page=sc’.
Section Two: World Assembly Advisory Board
1. The World Assembly Advisory Board shall be composed of members chosen by the World Assembly Delegate, and who may be removed at will.
2. The Chancellors and the President may also sit on the Advisory Board upon their own request.
A. The Chancellors may delegate their seats to their Deputies, and the President may delegate their seat as well as one additional seat to members of their Cabinet.
3. The Advisory Board shall advise the Delegate on a course of action regarding each World Assembly proposal, as well as the general affairs of the World Assembly and World Assembly activity within the region.
4. All members of the Advisory Board shall be members of the World Assembly who have endorsed the Delegate.
A. The Chancellors and the President, or their delegates, shall be exempt from this requirement.
5. The World Assembly Delegate shall be the chair of the Advisory Board.
6. The World Assembly Delegate may choose a member of the Advisory Board who is not a Chancellor or the President to be the Assistant Delegate.
A. The Assistant Delegate shall chair meetings of the Advisory Board in the World Assembly Delegate’s absence or upon their request, and assist the Delegate in the performance of their duties.
Section Three: Voting Procedure
1. The World Assembly Delegate shall vote or abstain on each World Assembly proposal after consultation with the World Assembly Advisory Board.
2. The decision of the Advisory Board shall be non-binding on the Delegate.
3. The President may direct the Delegate to vote for or against a World Assembly proposal in accordance with their duties and powers as Chief Diplomat of the Union of Democratic States.
4. The President shall notify the World Assembly Delegate of a direction to vote within forty-eight (48) hours of the vote in question commencing, which the Delegate shall follow.