Union Day Committee Act
Sponsored by The Noble Thatcherites; Co-Sponsored by Phoenix Coalition and Glaciosia
RECALLING that the Union was founded by The Noble Thatcherites on the 18th of December in the year 2015;
NOTING that Section 4 Clause 1 Sub-Clause A of the Regional Symbols Act of 2020 mandates the annual celebration of the public holiday “Union Day” on the 18th of December;
RECOGNIZING that the forthcoming Union Day of 2020 marks the quinquennial of the founding of the Union;
BELIEVING that such a milestone warrants recognition, commemoration, and celebration;
REMEMBERING that, per Section 4 Clause 2 of the Regional Symbols Act of 2020, the President is tasked with coordinating the celebration of public holidays, yet Union Day 2020 falls approximately just a month and a few weeks into a new Presidency and only a few weeks into the term of a new Senate;
CONVINCED that a committee comprised dually of members of the Senate and General Assembly can make adequate arrangements for the sufficient commemoration of Union Day 2020;
THE FOLLOWING IS ESTABLISHED AS LAW:
Section 1: Establishment, Membership, Organization, and Disillusionment
1. The Chairperson of the General Assembly shall appoint a Chairperson of the Union Day Committee, herein “Chair.”
2. Except for final determinations on matters of diplomacy and culture, the President shall wholly delegate the coordination of activities for the Union Day of 2020 to the Union Day Committee.
3. The President, the Vice President, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of Culture, by virtue of their executive areas of responsibility, shall, ex officio, have permanent seats on the Union Day Committee.
4. The Speaker of the Senate and Chairperson of the General Assembly shall, in private conference, mutually agree upon and appoint an appropriate number of extraordinary members of the Union Day Committee.
5. To the execution of the mission of the Union Day Committee, the Chair shall lead the Union Day Committee, setting the agenda of and facilitating meetings, assigning tasks, establishing deadlines, and liaising with the appropriate parties.
6. The Chair shall have the power to dissolve the Union Day Committee and shall do so not more than a month following Union Day 2020.
Section 2: Mission
1. The mission of the Union Day Committee shall be to collect, organize, and record in a thorough medium, for the sake of posterity, the history of the Union, publicize the occasion to foreign press and coordinate visitations by diplomatic delegations, produce event imagery and special memorabilia, honor contributions of service to the public, and facilitate festival activities, games, and speeches by relevant members of the community.