[Suggestions] Hall of Fame and Awards

• This is to clarify that items inside the Grand Libary are sorted alphabetically. The Clerks are encouraged to take this into account on thread creations.

Dyl

Princess of the Void
Administrator
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
l4P-bWEoxCTNOUDrhzpwYql35Mr02mXaO8YeWxlKNOZ6u2IevvncaW8IucwRlhNhgZtDqLcmgYVctWEAxlooJfN0JJPUByQo2_AHstReyYS7VC98rw8hsX9X6KEDMYqn1e4WiGR4

Greetings Unionists,

Throughout the existence of the Union of Democratic States, numerous individuals have contributed greatly to helping make the Union special and shaping the region into what it is today. Thus, as part of the celebrations for the fifth anniversary of our founding, a number of noteworthy present and former citizens will be inducted into a Hall of Fame in recognition of their contributions. In addition, the Union Day Committee has decided that additional awards will be handed out in order to recognize specific aspects of our Union's history.

However, this process would not be complete without the aid of our citizenry. As such, the Committee will be accepting award ideas in this thread from now until Friday, December 11. Any citizen may suggest an award, and the Committee will select from these suggestions and design a set of awards to be handed out on Union Day. These awards could recognize an individual, group, item, or event, and should be focused on a specific aspect, such as top soldier in the UDSAF or most influential piece of legislation. There is no requirement for these awards to solely recognize the best of our history - they can highlight other aspects as well, but not in a manner that is insulting or disrespectful to your fellow citizens - instead looking back on past times and people. For an example of such an award, the Defender Awards annually give recognition to both the worst operation and the worst invader group. Lastly, when proposing an award, please be sure to include a brief description detailing the criteria for nominees.

Following the closure of the suggestion period, a new thread will be posted, allowing citizens to nominate both Hall of Fame inductees and award recipients. This nomination period will last from Saturday, December 12 to Tuesday, December 15, after which citizens will cast votes by secret ballot for each award and Hall of Fame nominee. This voting period will last from Tuesday, December 15 to the morning of Union Day - Friday, December 18. While there will be no maximum number of Hall of Fame inductees, each award is expected to be awarded to one recipient, though this may change in specific circumstances.

As a region, we are grateful to those who have shaped it into the place it is today, and now is our opportunity to reflect and recognize these contributions.

I would like to propose an award, "Zion Imperium Award for the Best Legislator", awarded to a citizen, past or present, from either the Senate or General Assembly, who has been the most active in their respective house. It will not include the activity of a member as the presiding officer, i.e. as Speaker, Deputy Speaker, Chairperson or Deputy Chairperson. They may still be nominated and judged on their participation in their house as a member.

Reactions: Thatcher
I propose a Cultural Award. Maybe name it after one of our current memes (or old memes like Zionicle, although Isle's proposal already uses Zion's name)...

The award should be given to those who have contributed the most to the Union's culture, whether it be through more formal roles like Pres./PM or MoC, or more informally through social interactions and discord nicknames.

Also, I would suggest that an Award be made for military service- maybe the best contributor. Not sure of a name for this award, but Phoenix's Award Act draft gave me this idea.

Reactions: Thatcher
All great ideas!! Let's keep em coming! I was thinking of an RMB contributor award. Something like "Stojam Award" Criteria would be: most active and spirited member of our regional message board community.

Additionally, I'd like to see an award for the hardest worked in the executive. Maybe something like "footsoldier award" Criteria would be: most eager and willing to take on tasks within the executive. This wouldn't necessarily go to the President or Minister, but the hardest brute worker within the Executive.

Additionally, I think an award sort of in the vein of Zuk's idea would be an award for the silliest member of greatest contributor to the spirit of our discord community. That's all I've got for now, but keep them coming!

Reactions: Zion and EUKBICR
Order of Ashes: This award is catered towards new members of the region (past or present) who stepped out of the ashes of creation, immediately joined the region and took positive opprunities and assisted the region, it's government, or it's long term history of democratic governance through the legislative.

(Yeah, I know, it's Phoenix themed. Bite me.)

Order of Ashes: This award is catered towards new members of the region (past or present) who stepped out of the ashes of creation, immediately joined the region and took positive opprunities and assisted the region, it's government, or it's long term history of democratic governance through the legislative.

(Yeah, I know, it's Phoenix themed. Bite me.)
Why not call it Order of the Phoenix while you are at it, why don’t you?

Reactions: Zion and Asdersland
Alright, so I’ve got a few, attempting to cover a range of areas. Don’t exactly have names for all of them tho so that’ll be determined later.

1) An award for given to a UDS newspaper, past or present, for its journalistic excellence.
2) ‘Stronger Together’ - An award for a formal group within the region that has had the greatest influence on the UDS
3) Baddie Award - Given to the region’s most notorious former member
4) Cosmopolitan Award - Given to someone, past or present, who primarily resides outside of the region but has had a profound impact within our borders.

May have more to add before the deadline, but those are a few of the ones I’ve got atm.