Statement regarding EDN: Break Time!~

Zukchiva

Junior Administrator
Oct 25, 2020
Awards
Break Time!
By: Guess and Check, Editor-in-Chief

Hey, y’all.

So, you may know about this, but if you don’t, I’ve been elected Delegate of the East Pacific. Woo me- why talk about this? Why does this matter? Because this election affects the future of this newspaper.

As Delegate, I am going to try and cut down my involvement in the Union as much as possible. I want to focus on that position and devote all I can to it, and that also means taking a step away from Union governance. And Everyday News.

I’ve decided that I will no longer be contributing to Everyday News, most likely (not gonna deny myself the chance to write an article if I want too). Outside of an interview I am currently conducting, I will not be planning any future articles for the duration of my Delegacy. No election coverage. No legislative snapshots. Etc, etc.

However, I realized that maybe it would be best to keep EDN alive and active as a way for Unionists to simply write what they want, even if I myself am not writing anymore. In other words, give Unionists a platform for those who want one. Given Isles’ and Joesphto’s contributions to this paper, as well as other Unionists saying they have considered writing for EDN, I’ve decided this will be the best course of action.

I’ll still be editing and publishing articles others wish to write for EDN- provided Administration is fine with an inactive newspaper taking up Discord space- so feel free to reach out to me if you want to write anything! ^-^

So that’s basically all I wanted to say. In effect, treat this as a break from writing. :p Thank you all for being so epic, and here’s to seeing you all again in four (or who knows, maybe eight?) months!

Reactions: Zen and Sacento
Gonna miss you Zuk! Here's to a successful delegate term!

Reactions: Zen
Congratulations, @Zukchiva , on your swift and surprising rise to power! Let me be the first to say: I was always on your side.

TEP contains 8,783 nations not including myself, and we're all eager for you to steer their destiny. You will do this by addressing ISSUES. Several await your attention already!

You may also wish to consider TEP's place in the world. Its physical place, that is. The world contains thousands of regions, many eager to gain our glorious nation as a member, as I'm sure your TELEGRAMS will soon attest. If you notice one that would suit us better, please do deploy our cutting-edge georelocation technology to shift TEP there! It would be a shame not to use it. The depreciation expense is kind of insane.

Those bean-counters over at the World Census have informed us that they intend to begin ranking TEP on their ridiculous scales. I'm sure you don't care about such things. Unless they show TEP near the top, that is. But you can find their nonsense under RANK.

There's also the WORLD ASSEMBLY. Now this is a credible institution. I recommend we gain membership so we can vote on international law. That way, your wisdom and insight can help guide the whole world! It will also allow us to endorse other nations in the region, so they can tell when they're doing something right.

I won't take any more of your time. I can see the line outside. And national destiny doesn't just manifest itself! Ha ha. But if you're ever in need of further advice or information, may I direct you to these DISPATCHES, and perhaps the international FORUM. It's all written by other nations, of course, so biased and self-serving. But your keen eye can sort truth from fiction.

Good luck! Your humble servant and #1 fan,

Kade :D

Last edited:
Congratulations, @Zukchiva , on your swift and surprising rise to power! Let me be the first to say: I was always on your side.

TEP's contains 8,783 nations not including myself, and we're all eager for you to steer their destiny. You will do this by addressing ISSUES. Several await your attention already!

You may also wish to consider TEP's place in the world. Its physical place, that is. The world contains thousands of regions, many eager to gain our glorious nation as a member, as I'm sure your TELEGRAMS will soon attest. If you notice one that would suit us better, please do deploy our cutting-edge georelocation technology to shift TEP there! It would be a shame not to use it. The depreciation expense is kind of insane.

Those bean-counters over at the World Census have informed us that they intend to begin ranking TEP on their ridiculous scales. I'm sure you don't care about such things. Unless they show TEP near the top, that is. But you can find their nonsense under RANK.

There's also the WORLD ASSEMBLY. Now this is a credible institution. I recommend we gain membership so we can vote on international law. That way, your wisdom and insight can help guide the whole world! It will also allow us to endorse other nations in the region, so they can tell when they're doing something right.

I won't take any more of your time. I can see the line outside. And national destiny doesn't just manifest itself! Ha ha. But if you're ever in need of further advice or information, may I direct you to these DISPATCHES, and perhaps the international FORUM. It's all written by other nations, of course, so biased and self-serving. But your keen eye can sort truth from fiction.

Good luck! Your humble servant and #1 fan,

Kade :D
I feel like i just joined NS again!