[Speech] Something Old, Something New

• This is to clarify that items inside the Grand Libary are sorted alphabetically. The Clerks are encouraged to take this into account on thread creations.

Thatcher

Citizen
Dec 18, 2015
Awards
a44Ovct.png

Something Old, Something New
By Ark

As a long-time player of NationStates and someone who was involved in the Union at a relatively early time in its history, I have had the honor of watching it grow as a region. I have travelled far and wide, to democracies and autocracies, and I have ultimately yet to see a region grow and improve as dramatically as this one. As one might guess, however, I am most proud of how the Administrative team has evolved over the years. Players both old and new have contributed their time and their talents to the admin team, and that effort has been incredibly successful. Each member has brought a unique perspective to the table, along with a strong desire to keep our out-of-character environment safe and healthy.

The Administrative team would be a rudderless ship without the guiding hands of our founder, The Noble Thatcherites. Thatcher’s commitment to thorough recordkeeping and open communication with citizens have ensured that the admins are able to carry out their duties effectively while holding them accountable to the people whom they serve. He is often the primary driver of discussions on admin policy, the minutiae of which he takes very seriously. Thatcher does an excellent job leading the team while listening to constructive feedback and allowing its members to play to their strengths. Along with other longtime players like Phoenix and Khevo, Thatcher serves as a beacon of stability and exemplifies the OOC reliability that underlines the mission of the team. Phoenix especially stands out for his willingness to dedicate extra time and resources to the region without expecting anything in return. No action exemplifies this spirit more than the recent forum upgrade, a welcome change which Phoenix is primarily responsible for.

It is not an understatement, however, to say that Admin team would be far worse off were it not for its newest members. Asdersland and Glaciosia have gone above and beyond in their capacities as administrators. While the “old guard” like Thatcher and myself are often more focused on maintaining what we already have, these two are often keeping an eye out for potential improvements. Even more impressive is the fact that this has not slowed them down in the slightest. Both admins are often the first to attend to requests from citizens. Glaciosia in particular has stepped up and led several endeavors the team has undertaken to improve its day-to-day operations and consistency across all of its properties. The Union has never been afraid to put in the work to bring about positive change, and no one embodies that attitude more fully than our newer administrators.

This interaction between older players and newer ones has had the potential to create gridlock, but it hasn’t. I believe this is because everyone on our team understands and takes their duties very seriously. Each of us understands that most, if not all, problems can be solved through communication and constructive criticism. I am incredibly humbled to work wit these people whose work ethic outshines that of almost As Winston Churchill once said, “there is no problem so complex, nor crisis so grave that it cannot be satisfactorily resolved within twenty minutes.”