[SPEECH] My Time in the Union

• This is to clarify that items inside the Grand Libary are sorted alphabetically. The Clerks are encouraged to take this into account on thread creations.

Zukchiva

Junior Administrator
Oct 25, 2020
Awards
a44Ovct.png

My Time in the UDS
By Guess and Check

So I guess I’ll start.

Hi y’all, my name is Zukchiva a.k.a Guess and Check! I joined the Union back in June of 2018 as Ambassador from the East Pacific. When I first joined the Union, I didn’t really know anyone. And since the Union was my first ambassador assignment, I had no clue what to expect! But soon enough, I started chatting with everyone here and got comfortable. For 2018, I was pretty active and posted a lot, learning about the Union’s structures and witnessing various regional changes.

In 2019, I started falling inactive as I began to refocus on The East Pacific. However, I continued to post sporadically until around October 2019, after which I started talking a lot again. At that point, I was pretty familiar with a lot of Union members and was even giving some minor opinions on the on-going constitutional convention. As I became more involved, I started considering citizenship. Afterall, I’d been in the community on and off for almost two years… wasn’t it long overdue? So in February 2020, I applied and was accepted for citizenship. Since then, the rest is probably in everyone’s recent memory; I became a Senator, Newspaper Editor, Vice-President, and now I’m a Minister.

To be honest, I am unsure what has kept me involved in the Union to date. I have been an ambassador to various regions since I was assigned here, yet UDS is really the only region I continue to serve well in. But, I would take a guess and say that one reason is how kind and memey the community here is. A bit generic, yes, but nonetheless the truth. The people here were always so kind and welcoming to me, appreciated my opinion, and let me joke around with them. I was a mere ambassador too- not many regions treat ambassadors that well (no clue as to why).

The Union is a fun and diverse place. Sometimes there are disagreements, but ultimately drama is strayed away from. The Union also tends to meme a lot on the discord (Craigbot, crony meme, now those Phoenix Wars), which is a really funny trait particular to the Union that I love to see. The Union in general has one of the best communities in NationStates, period. I’m so, so very glad to be a part of it. :D

Reactions: EUKBICR and Kade