Old Man Yells at Clouds

Kanglia

Citizen
Oct 26, 2020
Awards
So, here we are again my fellow Unionists. We are sitting in the middle of a mild Constitutional Crisis. Honestly, we can use that term a lot less sparingly and it’d be useful here to do so, but let’s be real, we’re all suckers for added shock value. The reality of the situation is not that we’re in the middle of crisis, just in the middle of change. A great example of that would be the fact that we have three semi active political parties. When have we ever had three going at once? I mean when was the last time we even had two? It had to have been back in the North Plegia days right?(Shoutout to those who remember all of that fun that we got to deal with.) As if that’s not enough for our change, the Constitution has been, for several months, under siege. At least parts of it have been, specifically article 3.12, which is undergoing a debate for its removal in the Senate, and the eternity of Article 2 which concerns the Senate itself. Now I am not here to talk anybody’s ears off about why I think that we should go to a system which removes a fully elected body and instead go to one that holds one elected chair and the voting members be made up of citizens but I want to make it clear that that is my ultimate goal.

HOWEVER, THIS IS KANGLIA’S CORNER WE’RE TALKING ABOUT, MY ULTIMATE VOID TO SHOUT IN!!!
So, with that in mind. Let’s do some shouting shall we?
As much as I love this place, and I do love it very much, boy does it get on my nerves in the wider Nationstates political sim sense. Don’t get me wrong this is my home and will always be home(I mean I have no choice I’m an honorary forever citizen :p) I am admittedly a cosmopolitan of many GCR’s and UCR’s within the game(Game Created & User Created for those who don’t know the lingo.) The one thing that I consistently notice is discord activity, membership of the discord, and continued presence in things like the government and regional military are so much significantly higher than ours. So, my very devoted readers who I know filled out our regional survey already, I want to hear from you more directly. How can I, as a government official, concerned citizen, and commander of the UDSAF, get you more involved with all of these things? More importantly, what is it that’s stopping you from wanting to be more involved? Is it a general disinterest or a lack of time? If so it’s understandable and something that I hope to erase(at least the disinterest part) by having a legislature that works on both on a RP, United Nations type of scale and what long time Unionists are more accustomed to. Obviously lack of time is lack of time and I would never hold that against anyone, I understand that all too well after all. RL will always be > NS.
Or conversely, do you not get involved because you don’t know where to start or have any idea how to help? If that’s the case, I have several ideas for things to rectify that formulating in my head,, but I need your help. What do you WANT to know? Obviously there are things you’ll need, that goes without saying, but what you want is going to play a significant role in how I or anyone else can help.
We have a remarkably lively RMB, and I know our RP servers are fairly popular, I want that to translate over to the rest of our region if at all possible. I think that we’d all be better off for it. Because whether we like it or not, we’re two sides of the same Unionists coin, the RMB doesn’t thrive as well without the discord and vice versa, the RP servers don’t even really exist if not for the IC governments, and you can’t have an IC gov without a little bit of RP, after all. We’re all in this together, let’s start acting like it a little bit more and working to create a Union for everyone.

As much as I love this place, and I do love it very much, boy does it get on my nerves in the wider Nationstates political sim sense. Don’t get me wrong this is my home and will always be home(I mean I have no choice I’m an honorary forever citizen :p) I am admittedly a cosmopolitan of many GCR’s and UCR’s within the game(Game Created & User Created for those who don’t know the lingo.) The one thing that I consistently notice is discord activity, membership of the discord, and continued presence in things like the government and regional military are so much significantly higher than ours.
Quite a mood

One thing I do suggest is linking to this in the rp server and using dispatches to give it to the rmb, if you haven't already, to get some responses

Definitely have given this out to the RMB, as I'm sure you've probably seen between your post and my response, and certainly am going to link this in both forum and dispatch to the RP server as well.

Ayyy my name wasn't mentioned once. I must be doing something wrong or halfway decent. Don't worry Kanglia, more chaos is on the way. /s /jk

Bake more pie is my response to your question. Cos 🥧