Search results

1. North Plegia

North Plegia's End-of-Term Speech

North Plegia's End-of-Term Speech (Senate Speaker; February/March 2022) I speak to you all as Speaker from the Speaker's Office. I like speaking. It's fun. But it's time to quit. My time here is over. It's finally time for the NEW BLOOD to rain over the Union of Democratic States. Not only...
  2. North Plegia

Passed A Motion to Repeal and Replace the Senate Rules of Procedure

A MOTION To repeal and replace the Senate Rules of Procedure Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 20th of March, 2022, by @Kron As follows: BELIEVING we should have a law format, CONTENDING that preambles are good, BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General...
  3. North Plegia

Failed Motion to Repeal Citizenship Act (UL-006) and Honorary Citizenship Act (UL-017) and to Amend Criminal Code Act (UL-004)

A MOTION To repeal and replace the Citizenship Act and the Honorary Citizenship Act, combinining their provisions into one statute, and to amend the Criminal Code Act. Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 9th of March, 2022, by Glaciosia and Guess and Check As...
  4. North Plegia

Failed Amendment to the Legislative Archive Act (UL-002)

A MOTION To amend the bill "The Legislative Archive Act (UL-002)" Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 28th of February, 2022, by Guess and Check As follows: RECOGNIZING that therein lie issues with the law dispatch’s maintenance, NOTING that UL-002 contains...
  5. North Plegia

Passed Reconfirmation Hearing for WA Delegate The Glorious Hypetrain

This is the reconfirmation hearing of World Assembly Delegate The Glorious Hypetrain of the Union of Democratic States. I invite @Sacento and @Kade to make an opening statement.
  6. North Plegia

Passed Reconfirmation Hearing of Associate Justice Esmaera

This is the reconfirmation hearing of Associate Justice Esmaera of the Supreme Court of the Union of Democratic States. I invite @Phoenix of the Sun to make an opening statement.
  7. North Plegia

Failed Reconfirmation Hearing of Associate Justice Nuevo San Miguel

This is the reconfirmation hearing of Associate Justice Nuevo San Miguel of the Supreme Court of the Union of Democratic States. I invite @Nuevo San Miguel to make an opening statement.
  8. North Plegia

Passed Reconfirmation Hearing of Chief Justice Khevo

This is the reconfirmation hearing of Chief Justice Khevo of the Supreme Court of the Union of Democratic States. I invite @Dyl to make an opening statement.
  9. North Plegia

Passed A Motion to Confer Honorary Citizenship

A MOTION To confer Honorary Citizenship Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 15th of February, 2022, by @Phoenix, @Glaciosia, @Zukchiva, @Kron, @Dyl, and @Sacento As follows: RECOGNIZING their long and storied history in the Union of Democratic States, LAUDING...
  10. North Plegia

Passed A Motion to Amend to the Constitution

A MOTION To amend the Constitution Introduced into the Senate of the Union of Democratic States on the 12th of February, 2022, by Guess & Check As follows: BELIEVING it integral to accept citizenship applications as soon as possible, COGNIZANT that at present, the Constitution’s wording...
  11. North Plegia

Passed February 2022 Speaker Selection

My fellow Senators, I have determined myself to be the longest-serving Senator, and therefore undertake to begin the process of Speaker selection. For the next forty-eight hours, Senators may nominate themselves for the position and field questions for each candidate. After this, we shall vote...