Passed Confirmation Hearing of Sanoma as Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Union of Democratic States

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EUKBICR

The Devil
Citizen
Oct 25, 2020
Awards
Honourable Zukchiva, President of the Union of Democratic States, has nominated Sanoma for the office of Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Union of Democratic States. This is their confirmation hearing.

SANOMA is a newbie to the Union, but not (per their own admission) to NS law. Whatever help they may need in the position, I should be able to provide as a former MoJ. SANOMA has also written a high-quality legal opinion for me when I was AG a few weeks ago, so I have trust in their legal ability and understanding of law. They also passed the Attorney test, so that should further prove their law skills.

Overall, SANOMA is a great candidate for a great office. I therefore ask the Senate to pass this as quickly as possible.

Good Afternoon,

Let me begin by saying that it is a complete honor and privilege to be considered for not only a cabinet position, but one that represents the unique, robust legal system of this great region.

Despite my fresh residency in the region, my experience with NationStates legal work goes back further than I can remember, at least a decade now. From crafting constitutions, to running regional courts, right down to serving in countless executive positions - I have seen it all. This region's dedication to clear, precise, organized law is admirable and a model for others.

As the President outlined during the campaign, the Ministry of Justice is slow - its role in issuing legal opinions to the President being its biggest activity. However, there is more the Ministry can do with the community, and with the President, that will be my goal for the term.

Those goals are: outreach, participation, and standardization.

The Ministry should reach out to the community, to inform them of the duty of the department, to be transparent about its day to day operations, and to receive feedback from the people on what changes or roles the ministry should play within its legal confines. The Ministry should encourage more participation from public servants and interested citizens through mock trials, seminars, and open discussions on Union law and philosophy. The Ministry should standardize its methods, duties, and practices to ensure that it consistently meets its expectations and standards across its staff and future terms for the betterment of the region's legal apparatus.

I believe strongly that I can work to accomplish these goals and I am more than ready to be an involved, active, and serious Minister in the region.

Cordially,
SANOMA

Thank you for your Opening Statement, which regions have you done legal work for?

Thank you for your Opening Statement, which regions have you done legal work for?
A great many at this point, but I can list notable regions from recent years: served as the Electoral Commissioner of Thaecia, was a Senator and lawyer in the NWA, but beyond that and executive work in a few regions (Thaecia, NWA, Rhinia/Westphalia, Europiea), it has been maybe 5 years or more since I've served in a dedicated judicial/legal role

Reactions: Apatosarurus
I worked with Sanoma in the Ministry of Justice, and have reviewed their work submitted as part of the Union Bar Exam, and am confident in their legal prowess. Aye to close debate.

A great many at this point, but I can list notable regions from recent years: served as the Electoral Commissioner of Thaecia, was a Senator and lawyer in the NWA, but beyond that and executive work in a few regions (Thaecia, NWA, Rhinia/Westphalia, Europiea), it has been maybe 5 years or more since I've served in a dedicated judicial/legal role
Sorry if this has already been answered/is public knowledge, but what past identity/ies did you use in these regions?

Sorry if this has already been answered/is public knowledge, but what past identity/ies did you use in these regions?
For the most part of the past few years (5+) I have been known as Actias. I have also been relatively well recognized as Somner. I have had a few transient names in between but those two hold the most renown.

Reactions: Apatosarurus
I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have e. The motion is approved. We now move to formal vote. Those in favour may say Aye, those against may say No.

Ayes to the right - 5
Noes to the left - 0
I think the Ayes have it, the Ayes have it. The motion is approved. Sanoma is confirmed as Minister of Justice and Attorney General.

Status
Not open for further replies.