Passed Confirmation Vote: Asdersland for Chief Electoral Commissioner

The Speaker or Chairperson may assign this to a thread that has passed their respective house's legislative process.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asdersland

I am thou, and thou art I
Junior Administrator
Oct 2, 2020
Awards
Nation
Asdersland
Nuevo San Miguel has submitted a candidate for Chief Commissioner ahead of the upcoming elections, namely myself.

As Speaker and as the nominee in question I will recuse myself from this debate and abstain from its final vote. However, with the election coming up very quickly, I would like to get this out of the way quickly. With that, I put Druing in charge for this debate.

On a personal note, as this nomination suggests, I will not be running for reelection.

With that, let the debate begin.

What experience do you have running elections?
Several of the Electoral Commission's roles are time-sensitive, will you be sufficiently available to carry them out?

As you may be aware, for most of 2019 I ran the Union's elections. That included several regular legislative and executive elections as well as a few runoffs/special elections. That, I believe, clears up the experience question.

As for time, I have grown more constrained in the amount of time I can devote to this region, and while I wish to remain a part of it, I can no longer give back in the legislature as I have. It is too time consuming and mentally exhausting. Being EC would be a way to do something for the Union that does not involve day-to-day operations, and indeed, I am committed to doing these duties in a timely manner.

With a majority in favour, the motion closes.

I now open the final vote for confirmation of the nominee.

Aye.

48 hours have passed since the vote opened; With a majority in favour, the motion passes and the nominee is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.